We have built an educationally driven program of the future- designed to meet the newest ACGME requirements while providing the flexibility for residents to work with mentors and program leadership to design the best educational experience for each and every resident.
Curriculum highlights include:
- X+Y Scheduling
- A large number of available electives
- “Individualized Curriculum” tracks chosen during the second year with numerous flexible curriculum blocks
- High level of faculty interest in teaching
- Not overrun by other learners - frequent one on one faculty teaching
- Personal Mentor chosen during the first year
- Complex and diverse patient pathology mix
- Hands-on experience in our $1.6 million State of the Art Simulation Lab
Our residents have access to unique learning environments, including:
- Mobile health unit
- Funded global/underserved health rotation in the third year
- Strong advocacy and community service opportunities
- State-of-the-art simulation center
Funded global/underserved health rotation in the third year includes:
- Opportunities to train at one of Baylor’s seven Pediatric AIDS Initiative Centers for Excellence in Africa, among other sites.
- Residents may also choose to work in one of San Antonio’s underserved health sites.