The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine is nationally recognized for its excellence in healthcare, research and education.
The section has total research support of $4.8 million from federal and private research grants including lung cancer, asthma, COPD, pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, transitional medicine, lung transplant, and cystic fibrosis.
Many physicians from the section are national and international experts. Together, they offer an incredibly large array of services, from general pulmonary and sleep medicine to highly specialized advanced lung diseases, such as including pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary fibrosis, adult cystic fibrosis, COPD/asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung and heart-lung transplantation, critical care, and interventional pulmonology.
The section offers four fellowship programs, including Pulmonary & Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Lung Transplantation, and Sleep Medicine. Many alumni and former fellows can be found in academic, research and healthcare leadership roles.
- Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center researchers awarded CPRIT grants to support the fight against cancerYesterday
- Three researchers from the Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at Baylor have been awarded academic research program grants from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
- First large-scale proteogenomic study of breast cancer provides insight into potential therapeutic targetsYesterday
- Researchers completed the first large-scale “proteogenomic” study of breast cancer, linking DNA mutations to protein signaling and helping pinpoint the genes that drive cancer.
- Differences in metabolism between androgen-dependent and castration resistant prostate cancer may lead to new therapiesMay 19, 2016
- Researchers have determined that castration resistant prostate cancer has particular metabolic characteristics that may open new possibilities for treatment.
- Baylor medical students among 66 awarded fellowships by HHMIMay 19, 2016
- Two Baylor College of Medicine medical students have been awarded fellowships by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, allowing them to spend a year working on individual proposed research projects.
- Don’t flop on foot support this summerMay 18, 2016
- Considering sandals for the summer? Orthopedic Surgeon Dr. Jason Ahuero says pick sandals that provide arch support and keep feet secure.