The Vice Chair Group for Faculty and Staff Development is charged with supporting faculty and staff development as it relates to promotion, mentoring, leadership, professionalism, team building, and training in scholarly and educational skills, as well with preventing faculty and staff burnout and increasing wellness.
The group cultivates the outstanding talent and skills in the entire family of the Department of Medicine, including faculty, from instructor to professor, and staff from the clinical, research, education, and administrative areas at the section, pavilion, and department level.
Our group's main focus is enriching the professional and personal development of faculty and staff.
Through our efforts we advocate for a high-quality workforce that values professional learning and prepares our diverse healthcare teams for a changing world.
Our Areas of Focus
- Leverage existing and develop new resources at Baylor College of Medicine for mentoring, leadership, team building, professionalism, and scholarly skills
- Promote a work environment that both challenges and supports faculty and staff
- Inform, educate, and inspire faculty and staff to achieve their goals
- Advocate for wellness initiatives and employee engagement while preventing burnout
The Vice Chair Group for Faculty and Staff Development aims to represent all sections and Affiliates within the Department of Medicine.
The Vice Chair Group for Faculty and Staff Development Group’s priorities are based on four overlapping pillars.
- Professional development: Seize opportunities for professional and personal development
- Pathways to promotion: Recognize the different pathways for promotion
- Mentoring: Build effective mentor-mentee and peer-to-peer mentoring relationships
- Wellness: Minimize burnout and improve overall wellness