The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy is a recognized leader in developing and providing top-rated medical ethics education for undergraduate students, medical students, and residents, as well as continuing medical education. Notable educational programs include:
- Ethics Track - Undergraduate Medical Education
- The track was founded in 1993 for medical students seeking to develop greater knowledge and expertise in medical ethics.
- Ethics, Professionalism and Policy Program (EP3) - Graduate Medical Education
- The program was launched in 2014 with the goal to create a single, high quality approach to residency education and assessment.
- Intensive Bioethics Course - Continuing Medical Education
- The center partnered with Houston Methodist to offer a 5-day advanced bioethics course specifically designed for all types of healthcare professionals who are involved with or interested in the resolution of complex ethical challenges.
- Grand Rounds - Continuing Medical Education
- The center created Grand Rounds as one of several ways to engage and keep physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and related professionals abreast of ever changing topics within the field.
Other Educational Opportunities
The center hosts monthly journal clubs, clinical case conferences, and other events, to which all of our Ethics Track students and the TMC community are warmly invited. We invite you to sign up for our email distribution to receive updates on center events.