Congratulations on your upcoming employment with Baylor College of Medicine. Please review the information below. This page will provide you with everything you need to know so that you are prepared for your first day and new employee orientation.
To Be Completed Prior to Your First Day
Step 1: Online New Hire Paperwork
- A link has been/will be emailed to the email address provided during the recruitment process from email@example.com. This online paperwork must be completed by the Friday prior to your start date. Once you complete your online paperwork, you will no longer have access to the Success Factors System until after your start date.
Step 2: I-9 Documentation
- You are required to submit a copy of your I-9 documents to Ifirstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible. Employees must present either one form from List A or one form from List B in combination with one form from List C.
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen and do not have a U.S. Social Security Number and/or I-94 Number, or you are unable to locate your I-94 number, please communicate with the International Services Office.
Step 3: Complete Online Trainings
- As part of your onboarding process, you will be required to complete a series of online training courses. These courses should be completed within the first 10 days of employment. We are able to provide you with an opportunity to begin these sessions in advance of your first day of work. You are not obligated to complete them prior to your first day.
To Be Completed On Your First Day
On the morning of your orientation, you will receive an email from the orientation team by 11 a.m., which will include the following:
A PDF attachment with your new employee login information
- You CANNOT access the Baylor system until AFTER orientation.
A link to the electronic benefits packet
- If you would like to include a spouse, domestic partner or other dependents on your benefit plans, you will need to email copies of your dependent verification documents to email@example.com along with the dependent eligibility form. The dependent eligibility form will be provided to you on your first day and is also provided in your electronic benefits packet.
A link for the virtual orientation session via Zoom
- A virtual orientation session will be held on your start date from 2 to 4 p.m. via Zoom. You do not need to be connected to a Baylor network to access the Zoom session.
- Important note: You will NOT be able to access the Baylor systems until after orientation. If you have any questions regarding your computer login, contact the IT Helpdesk at 713-798-8737 after orientation.
To Be Completed After Orientation
Step 1: Get Your Baylor ID Badge
- You will visit the badging office one day after your new employee orientation, before reporting to your work location.
- You will be required to have an official Baylor College of Medicine photo identification badge to access buildings.
- You will need to present a photo ID to receive your badge.
- You will need to travel to the main Baylor Campus to obtain your badge. You can take the shuttle or pay for parking (front entrance or at Garage 6). The physical address for the badging office is listed below:
One Baylor Plaza, Room 108H
Houston, Texas 77030
Step 2: Report to Work
- Contact your supervisor/hiring manager to understand when and where you need to report to work.
Step 3: Access Baylor Systems
- Please follow the instructions provided on your first day to update your password.
- Download the Google Authenticator App.
- Wait for the MFA invitation email from IT. This email will be sent to your Baylor College of Medicine email account after orientation.
Step 4: Contact Parking and Commuter Services
For general information and inquiries:
Step 5: Return the Life Insurance and Electronic Consent Forms
- These forms will be discussed during orientation.
Step 6: Enroll in your Benefits
- Use the Baylor intranet to enroll within 31 days of your start date.