Free Educational Webinars
Join us for our virtual educational events and family friendly activities! In lieu of our traditional in-person events, the Kochel lab is now hosting free educational webinars and fun activities the whole family can enjoy! Topics include how to manage challenging behaviors, tips for supporting children with ASD during remote learning, and the basics of genetic testing. Activity-based webinars are hosted in collaboration with our community partners, the Houston Museum of Natural Science and Friends for Life. SPARK for Autism is also currently offering virtual support and assistance for collecting your family’s SPARK saliva samples.
Contact our team for information ASDresearch@bcm.edu | (832) 824-3394
The social work team at the Texas Children's Hospital Autism Center and Meyer Center for Developmental Pediatrics have developed programming to educate families on important topics and services. Programs are offered in English and in Spanish.
To learn more about these programs, subscribe to join the Autism Center and Meyer Center newsletter.
- The Importance of Racial and Ethnic Diversity in Autism Research
- Close Range: A Quest to Understand and Treat Autism on Both Ends of the Spectrum
- Houston Researchers Involved in Massive Effort to Study the DNA of Autism Patients
- Autism study aims to collect DNA samples from 50,000 people
- SPARK, The Nation's Largest Autism Research Study
- Baylor, Texas Children's Hospital study people with autism for research
- Fox26, Reaching underrepresented communities in autism research
- KPRC2, Communities of Color Needed in Autism Research (Min. 18:55)
- Autism Center Raises Awareness Among Rusk Middle-Schoolers
- Positive screen for autism often does not spur further evaluation
- Offering advice to those who are vaccine hesitant, in my personal and professional life
- Baylor blog: Breaking down myths and truths about autism
- Baylor blog: Bridging the gap between clinical research and care: Why the brochure doesn’t cut it
- Baylor blog: Family finds answers, hope after discovery of rare genetic disorder
- Baylor blog: SPARK provides opportunity to advance research, understanding
- Baylor blog: Families invited to take part in autism research study
- Texas Children's blog: SPARK for Autism
- Houston Museum of Natural Science BEYONDbones blog: What is SPARK?
- Baylor blog: Vaccines and Autism, Next Question Please!
- BCM partners with largest autism study celebrating five years of genetic research
- Texas Children's press release: Largest-ever U.S. autism research study underway
- Texas Children's press release: Landmark autism genetic study seeking participants
- Baylor Press Release: Autism study focuses on underrepresented communities
- Baylor Press Release: Study improves understanding of pediatric autism screenings