The annual Baylor College of Medicine’s Academy of Distinguished Educators Showcase of Educational Scholarship is Baylor's premier venue for highlighting educational scholarship utilizing a peer-reviewed format.
The showcase was first held in 2005 by the Academy of Distinguished Educators under the direction of Dr. Paul Haidet to provide a peer-reviewed forum for educational research. Since then, the annual showcase has established a venue for sharing, discussing, and promoting scholarly work by students, residents, fellows, and faculty at our Institution and by individuals enrolled in educational programs at the University of Texas-Houston Medical School and the University of Houston.
The next showcase will take place Friday, Sept. 20, 2019 from 12 - 3 p.m. in the Rayzor Lounge.
What Are the Benefits of Submitting an Abstract?
There are several benefits of submitting an abstract to the Showcase of Educational Scholarship including:
- Participating in a peer-reviewed educational activity
- Receiving peer-reviewed feedback to guide future projects
- Chance to become a showcase winner and receive an Educational Scholarship Recognition Award; if selected we will notify your chair, acknowledge your work in BCM communications, and display your poster on our website for one year
- Networking at the showcase with other educational leaders with similar interests
- Looks great on your CV and may help with promotion