The Section of Immunology, Allergy and Retrovirology in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine integrates state-of-the-art clinical care in immunologic, allergic and retrovirology diseases with cutting-edge research into the underlying immune-mediated mechanisms.
Pediatric Allergy and Immunology
- Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adult and pediatric patients with allergy, asthma and primary or secondary immune dysfunction.
- Treats children with deficient and/or excessive immune systems, specializing in immunodeficiency disorders, food allergy, and immune based therapies.
- Provides an ACGME-accredited fellowship program.
- Maintains research programs relating to allergy and immunology.
Learn more about the Section of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology.
- Provides comprehensive primary and specialty medical care and social services to HIV-infected infants, children and adolescents, and prevention services to at-risk individuals.
- Provides Travel Clinic Services and International Adoption Consultation at Texas Children's Hospital Clinical Care Center.
- Participates in the education of U.S. and foreign health professionals and in clinical research in HIV/ AIDS treatment and prevention.
- Operates the Houston HIV center of Baylor International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI).
Learn more about the Section of Pediatric Retrovirology.