Ben Taub Hospital is where you spend most of your time as a first-year resident.
We have three different resident rooms, all located on the 6th floor with a beautiful view of the Houston Zoo.
- 12 000 - 13 000 specimens a year
- General sign out with 4 days cycle: Frozen- Grossing - S2 (sign out big specimens) - S1 (sign out biopsies)
- Weekly multi-head scope sessions conducted by expert pathologists including Breast, GI and GYN pathologists
- Bi-monthly interesting case conference
- Monthly interesting gross case conference
- Weekly tumor boards
- Monthly Rad-Path conferences
- ~ 21 000 specimens a year
- Frequent Superficial FNAs
- Adult Hematopathology, Chemistry and Microbiology
Available Elective Rotations
- GI, Liver, Breast, GYN, Soft tissue, Flow Cytometry