Research activity is required during the fellowship and may be pursued within the Neuropathology Fellowship Program with faculty members in the following areas of interest:
- Molecular Foundations of Neural Injury in Stroke and Trauma
- Molecular Pathology of Pediatric Brain Tumors and Molecular Genetic Pathology
- Surgical and Autopsy Neuropathology
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Molecular Pathology of Brain Tumors
- Diagnostic Neuro-Oncology
- Forensic Neuropathology
Basic Science and Clinical Opportunities
There are also research opportunities outside of the Neuropathology Fellowship Program in several basic science and clinical departments at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Methodist Hospital Research Institute and MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Affiliations with leading research and healthcare institutions in and around the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest healthcare complex, provide access to an exceptionally diverse array of people and resources. Discover how our affiliations enhance our education programs.