Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Chair: Donald T. Donovan, M.D.
The mission of the Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery is to promote health for all people through education, research and public service. The department is committed to:
- Providing the highest standards of comprehensive medical and surgical care to patients
- Advancing basic and clinical biomedical research into the function and diseases/disorders of the special sensory systems (hearing, balance, smell, taste) and other organ systems of the head and neck
- Educating medical students, residents and fellows, biomedical scientists, and allied health professionals
- Fostering public awareness of diseases and disorders of the head and neck systems and their causes
- Promoting health and prevention of diseases of the head and neck systems and related structures
- Maintaining a diverse, well rounded, multidisciplinary faculty of the highest quality and expertise
Sinuses can be a pain in the head, not neck
Determine the difference between migraine and sinus headache and find information on symptoms and treatments.
Upcoming Grand Rounds:
- March 6, 2014: Petrous Apex Malignancies. Marc Nader, M.D. Ben Taub Hospital
- March 13, 2014: Head and Neck Manifestations of Epidermolysis Bullosa. Caleb Simmons, M.D. Houston Methodist Hospital
- March 20, 2014: Pediatric Septorhinoplasty. Andrew Victores, M.D. Texas Children's Hospital
- March 27, 2014: Temporal Bone Malignancies. Esperanza Salazar, M.D. Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center