Customizable Athletic Training Services
Baylor Medicine Orthopedics and Sports Medicine provides licensed athletic trainers to meet the needs of recreational, student and professional athletes. Our athletic trainers are dedicated to not only providing top care to our clients, but also injury prevention and enhancing performance and recovery.
Who We Serve
Whether you are a coach, athlete, parent, referee, school administrator or team manager, Baylor’s Athletic Training Outreach program can be customized to provide medical services for daily practices, home and away games, as well ad-hoc events in the community.
- Secondary schools
- Colleges and Universities
- Professional and semi-professional sports teams
- Local athletic club and sports organizations
- Recreational sports teams, leagues, and facilities
- Performing arts companies
Our Athletic Training Outreach program can also be fully customized to meet the medical needs of non-athletic organizations with active workforces including public safety, municipal and government agencies, and commercial organizations.
- Injury/illness prevention and wellness promotion
- Clinical evaluation, assessment and diagnosis
- Immediate and emergency care
- Treatment and rehabilitation
- Organizational and professional health and wellbeing
- Community and partner educational opportunities
- Decreased medical costs to patients and caregivers
- Reduced liability to schools and organizations through risk mitigation and front-line prevention
- Our athletic trainers evaluate injuries and illnesses and administer aid utilizing the latest evidence-based treatments, allowing coaches and individuals to focus on developing the athlete
- Work directly in collaboration with physicians to recognize and evaluate injuries in order to provide the most appropriate, efficient care possible for the athletic populations
- Act as care facilitator and liaison by actively managing communication amongst affected parties
- Trained to treat emergency injuries and illnesses such as concussions, asthma attack, heat stroke, spine injuries, and more
- Immediate access to Baylor Medicine physicians and services such as referrals to our Sports Medicine physicians and non-orthopedic services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- National Athletic Training Association. (2014, July). Profile of Athletic Trainers.
- National Athletic Training Association. (2018, March 18). Athletic Training.