The Menopause Center, made possible through the partnership of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, is a unique center dedicated solely to the care and treatment of women with menopause symptoms, conditions, and related health issues.
Located in Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women in Houston, part of the renowned Texas Medical Center, The Menopause Center offers comprehensive care to address every aspect of a woman’s health affected by menopause, in one convenient location.
Patient care is provided by Baylor Medicine specialists in menopause in collaboration with a wide range of other gynecology specialties. We offer evidence-based treatment for proven results and expert guidance on the latest menopause therapies, trends and research findings
Helping Women Feel Their Best
Menopause occurs when a woman’s ovaries stop releasing eggs and producing female hormones. This change in hormone levels can cause symptoms such as hot flashes, sleeplessness and mood swings.
Even if there are no obvious symptoms, it’s important for women to understand the effects of menopause and aging on their overall health. For example, loss of the female hormone estrogen can weaken a woman’s bones, increase cholesterol levels that contribute to coronary artery disease, cause urinary tract changes, vaginal changes, and emotional changes.
Our board-certified specialists care for the full range of menopause symptoms and related health issues, including:
- Bladder irritability
- Bone loss (osteoporosis and osteopenia)
- Cardiovascular changes
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Hot flashes
- Incontinence (loss of bladder or bowel control)
- Irregular periods or changes in flow
- Mood swings
- Night sweats
- Nutrition and weight management
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor disorders (pelvic organ prolapse)
- Sexual dysfunction/low libido
- Vaginal dryness and painful intercourse
- Vaginal infections
We also help women stay on top of the preventative screenings, immunizations and checkups that are critical to healthy aging, and provide the latest guidance on lifestyle habits to help women feel their best during the menopause years.
Specialists for Every Need
Our patients have access to Baylor Medicine specialists that include:
- Gynecologists to treat all conditions of a woman’s reproductive system
- Urogynecologists for treatment of incontinence, overactive bladder, and pelvic organ prolapse
- Reproductive psychiatrists for the treatment of mood disorders, anxiety and depression
- The Vulvovaginal Health Clinic for treatment of diseases of the vulva and vagina
- Gynecologic oncologists for treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system, which can cause treatment-induced menopause
- Pelvic floor physical therapy to improve pelvic function
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery specialists