1. Our focus of practice is treating patients, not medical conditions; we integrate psychosocial aspects, healthy life style and patient counseling as essential elements of patient care.
2. Patients will have the opportunity to interact with seasoned physicians and staff who have dealt with and treated hundreds of patients with pancreatic disorders.
3. Patients will have the opportunity to participate in novel, well designed clinical trials pertaining to several pancreatic disorders such as chronic pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer and pancreatic cysts.
4. Patients will have the opportunity to share their experience with other patients with pancreatic disorders through meetings organized by the National Pancreas Foundation and the Alliance of Chronic Pancreatitis of South Texas.
5. We developed a specialized inpatient pancreaticobiliary service at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center to handle any urgent admission for patients with pancreatic diseases. The service is staffed daily with a pancreas specialist from the Baylor Medicine team.
6. Patients will have access to a multidisciplinary team of experts from various specialties including:
- Pancreas surgery
- Gastrointestinal pathology
- Psychology with a focus on dealing with behavioral health issues of patients with pancreatitis
- Nutritional specialist in pancreatic and gastrointestinal disorders