Adjunct Associate Professor
- Adjunct Associate Professor
Center for Space Medicine
Department of Pharmacology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- BS from Florida State University
- 08/1988 - Tallahassee, Florida United States
- Chemistry (ACS) and Biochemistry
- PhD from Saint Louis University
- 11/1996 - St. Louis, Missouri United States
- Physiological and Pharmacological Science
- Postdoctoral Fellowship at University of Alabama at Brimingham
- Birmingham, Alabama United States
Dr. Virginia Wotring discusses her work in the field of space pharmacology and her role in making space travel healthier and more productive.
What does it take to get astronauts to Mars? Hear Dr. Virginia Wotring discuss her work in the field of space pharmacology, the changes that the human body undergoes in the spaceflight environment and her critical role in making space travel healthier and more productive for different kinds of astronauts.
- V. Wotring "Chemical Potency and Degradation Products of Medications Stored Over 550 Earth Days at the International Space Station." AAPS J. 2015 :
- V. Wotring "Medication Use by U.S. Crewmembers on the International Space Station." FASEB J. 2015 November ; :
- Varsha Jain and Virginia Wotring "Medically induced amenorrhea in female astronauts." npj Microgravity. 2016 April 21; 2 : Pubmed PMID: 16008
- J. Kast, Y. Yu, CN. Seubert, V. Wotring, H. Derendorf "Drugs in space: Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in astronauts." Eur J Pharm Sci. 2017 May 19; : Pubmed PMID: 28533143
- Dose Tracker Application for Monitoring Crew Medication Usage, Symptoms, and Adverse Effects During Missions.
- NASA (10/2013 - 09/2018)
- This multi-mission spaceflight study collects medication usage data (medications taken, including dosages and dosing frequency, perceived efficacy and adverse events) directly from crew volunteers using an iOS application specifically written to streamline the user experience.
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics
- Aerospace Medicine Association
- Center for Reproductive Health, BCM
Log In to edit your profile