About the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center at Baylor Medicine McNair Campus in Houston, Texas, offers the full spectrum of services needed to effectively manage IBD, from diagnosis to treatment.
Who Do We Treat?
Patients come to us with a variety of symptoms, most commonly diarrhea, pain in the abdomen, and bleeding with bowel movements. Since IBD is a chronic condition and can increase your risk of colon cancer, it is important to get regular examinations by a specialist with expertise in IBD.
Why We are Different
We're improving the lives of our patients through the highest-quality care, an outstanding team of specialists, and the latest technologies, therapies, and research. We offer special expertise in the management of IBD in women, including during pregnancy and the adolescent years.
At the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center, our patients benefit from:
- Highly trained specialists in the management of IBD, including gastroenterologists, pathologists, nutritionists, radiologists, psychologists and surgeons
- State-of-the-art endoscopy equipment for improved diagnosis and treatment, and more accurate detection of early cancer, including video capsule endoscopy and enteroscopy
- Expert pathologists for interpreting and diagnosing Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis and its possible cancerous changes
- Multidisciplinary pediatric to adult transition clinic
- Multidisciplinary IBD surgery clinic
- GI wellness and nutrition
- Behavioral health services
- Leading-edge treatment based on the latest research findings
- Access to the latest clinical trials
- A close patient follow-up to optimize treatment, prevent complications and detect any possible cancerous changes