Sridevi Devaraj, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB
Area of Interest
Director of Chemistry, Toxicology and POCT, Texas Childrens Hospital
Director of the Proteomics/Metabolomics Core, Texas Childrens Microbiome Center
Professor of Pathology & Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine
Professional positions held
Director of Special Chemistry and Toxicology, Department Of Pathology, Co-Director, Translational Technologies Program, Clinical and Translational Science Center, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
Associate Professor, Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research
Assistant Professor, Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, Director of Toxicology and Interim Director of Chemistry, Department of Pathology, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
Assistant Professor, Division of Clinical Biochemistry and Human Metabolism, Department of Pathology, Scholar, Center for Human Nutrition University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Instructor, Clinical Chemistry, Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX Scholar, Center for Human Nutrition, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Honors and Award
Academic Senate Travel Award
Outstanding Contributions to Science and Technology Award, Northern California American Association of Clinical Chemistry
Reviewer, NIH CVRS, SBIR/STTR Grants
Reviewer, Special Emphasis Panel, NIDDK
Reviewer, American Heart Association Research Grants
Outstanding Speaker Award-American Association of Clinical Chemistry
Editorial Board, Journal of Clinical Pathology
Memberships on Professional Organizations
Chair Elect Lipids and Lipoprotein Division-AACC National
Member, Division of Clinical and Translational Science, AACC
- Devaraj S, Jialal I. "Decreased Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Metabolic Syndrome: An Additional Potential Biomarker for Therapy." Experimental Diabetes Research, 2012 (In Press)
- Medici V, Virata MC, Peerson JM, Stabler SP, French SW, Gregory JF III, Albanese A, Bowlus CL, Devaraj S, Panacek EA, Richards JR, Halsted CH. S-adenosylmethionine treatment of alcoholic liver disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Alcohol Clin Exp Res (In press) 2011
- Yun JM, Jialal I, Chien A, Devaraj S. Resveratrol upregulates SIRT1 and inhibits cellular oxidative stress in the diabetic milieu: mechanistic insights. J of Nutr Biochem (PMID: 21813271), 2011.
- Siegel D, Devaraj S, Jialal I. Inflammation, Atherosclerosis and Psoriasis. Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, (In Press), 2011.
- Devaraj S, Bremer A, Afify A, Jialal I. Adipose tissue biomarkers in subjects with metabolic syndrome. JCEM (In Press) 2011.
- Devaraj S, Jialal I, Rockwood J, Zak D. Effect of Orange Juice and Reduced Calorie Orange Beverage Supplementation with and without Plant Phytosterols on Plasma Cytokines and PAI-1 Activity. Clinical Nutrition (PMID: 21477901) 2011.
- Devaraj S, Tobias P, Jialal I. Knockout of Toll-like Receptor-4 attenuates the Pro-Inflammatory State of Diabetes. Cytokine 55(3):441-5, 2011.
- Devaraj S, Jialal I. Novel CETP Inhibitors-a promising therapeutic strategy for Dyslipidemia? Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders, 9(3):163-5, 2011.
- Jialal I, Devaraj S, Siegel D. CRP induces hypertension in animal models: homo sapiens says no. Hypertens Res.34(7):801-2, 2011.
- Devaraj S, Tobias P, Kasinath BS, Ramsamooj R, Afify A, Jialal I. Knockout of toll-like receptor-2 attenuates both the proinflammatory state of diabetes and incipient diabetic nephropathy. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 31(8):1796-804, 2011.