About the ICTR
The Institute for Clinical and Translational Research provides a learning environment at Baylor College of Medicine that integrates data from diverse domains including the electronic medical record, geospatial and social information and next generation technologies to support research, development and implementation of new approaches to patient care.
The ICTR will support advanced technologies that:
- Enhance training activities in population and precision health
- Develop biomedical informatics capacity by recruiting new faculty and providing an integrative environment for the conduct of medical research at Baylor-affiliated hospitals and networks
- Support the design and implementation of new research that impacts the community and individuals seen by Baylor faculty
- Develop new algorithms to enhance precision of early detection and improve patient management for complex diseases
- Support new initiatives in precision health that integrate next generation technologies into discovery and patient care platforms