The mission of the Biostatistics Core Team is to support collaborative clinical and translational research efforts through study design, data analysis, interpretation of results, and reporting. A key component of this Core is education to enhance study design and analytics. Whether you are a medical student or faculty, we have educational offerings, including classes and one-on-one consultations with a biostatistician to adjust and refine the analytic plan to make sure your study meets NIH rigor and reproducibility standards. Beyond design and analysis, collaborating statisticians will work with you throughout the study to support reporting (e.g., publications, abstracts) and data quality control. Our biostatisticians will be your partner from study inception to publication and beyond.
Professional Biostatistics Services provided by the core include:
- General statistical consultations for:
- Study Design
- Sample Size Calculations
- Survey Development using the REDCap platform
- Data Analysis
- Graphical Summaries
- Results Interpretation
- Novel Methodology Development
- Prospective Clinical Trials
- Observational Studies
- Population-based Research
- Retrospective Chart Review
- Studies of Large National Databases, such as the National Inpatient Sample and Healthcare Cost & Utilization Project databases.
- Animal and Laboratory Studies
Our Biostatisticians have a proven track record of supporting collaborative researchers. If you or your team are developing a research project that utilizes biostatistics, please contact our Biostatistics Core team.
- Charles Minard, PhD – Associate Professor
- Danielle Guffey – Senior Biostatistician
- Kristen Staggers – Senior Biostatistician
- Sarah May – Senior Biostatistician
- Becky (Xiaofan) Huang - Biostatistician