The Functional Genomics and Microbiome Core stimulates research in infection and injury states affecting the intestine and liver. Services provided by the core include:
- Consultation in the choice of genomics methodologies to be applied to research problems being addressed by Digestive Diseases Center members
- Training in the conduct of functional genomics and metagenomics relevant to GI research
- Consultation on experimental design of gene expression (mRNA) studies and assistance with analysis of genomic profiling data
- Providing mammalian gene expression, cytokine/transcription factor/signaling pathway arrays, and gut microbial profiling/metagenomics to DDC members at discounted prices
- Facilitating analysis and bio-informatics strategies with functional genomics and microbiome datasets
- Conducting periodic workshops and disseminating information about new technologies available in the Core and to obtain feedback on needed technologies / services.
Faculty: Functional Genomics and Microbiome
James Versalovic, M.D., Ph.D.
- Milton J. Finegold Professor
- (832) 824-3710
Microbial Genomics, Human Microbiome and Metagenomics, Mucosal Immunity, Gut Inflammation and Intestinal Neoplasia
Lisa White, Ph.D.
- Associate Professor
- (713) 798-7607
Joseph Petrosino, Ph.D.
- (713) 798-7912
Metagenomics and genetic interactions between commensal microbiota and the host.…
Sridevi Devaraj, Ph.D., DABCC, FACB
- (832) 826-1717