Awards and Recognitions
- Ballantyne elected to cardiology association
Dr. Christie Ballantyne, professor of medicine and chief of cardiology, has been elected to the Association of University Cardiologists. Founded in 1961, the association is an organization that is limited to an active membership of 125 academic cardiologists from the United States, elected by their peers. The group meets once per year in January for a two-day session of scientific interchange. The members traditionally are the leaders and best investigators in American cardiology who shape the course of research and training in cardiovascular disease.
- Entman selected to receive Lifetime Achievement Award
Dr. Mark Entman, professor of cardiovascular research, has been selected by the International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award in Cardiovascular Science, Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Entman will receive this award at the Cardiovascular Forum to be held in Orlando, Fla. Aug. 31 - Sept. 2, 2017.
- Mini-golf Fundraising Event Winners
- An Interview with Miguel A. Cruz, Ph.D.
- Join BCM Heart Walk team and get info at Aug. 24 kick-off event
- The Rankings are Out! Texas Children's Hospital/Heart Center is #2 in the Nation and Best in Texas - U.S. News and World Report
- Dr. Biykem Bozkurt, Professor of Medicine and CVRI Co-Director, receives American College of Cardiology Gifted Educator Award
- Dr. Daniel Penny Honored with Cardiology Award
- Seminar Series
- CVRI Member featured in YouTube Video for his Research in Growing Heart Muscle Substitutions
- CVRI Member Awarded Distinguished AHA Award
- Interview with Drs. Pi and Xie
- Interview with Dr. Joshua Wythe
- The Optical Imaging and Vital Microscopy Core: An Interview with Mary Dickinson, Ph.D.