- Associate Professor of Surgery
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy
Baylor College of Medicine
- Vascular Surgery (Clinic)
Baylor Medicine at McNair Campus
7200 Cambridge Street
Houston, TX 77030
- DPM from New York College Of Podiatric Medicine
- 01/1979 - New York
- MD from University of Health Sciences Antigua
- Residency at Harris County Podiatric Residency Program Podiatric Medicine and Surgery
- BS from University of Rhode Island
- National Board of Podiatric Examiners
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
Honors & Awards
- That's the way!
- An award given by Baylor in recognition of exceptional patient service due to feedback from patients.
- Baylor College of Medicine (10/2017)
- Diabetic Foot Amputation Prevention / Limb Salvage
- Wound care
- Foot surgery
- Biomechanics (gait analysis)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Sports medicine
Professional StatementJeffrey A. Ross, M.D. is a podiatrist in Houston, Texas specializing in Diabetic Foot Amputation Prevention and Limb Salvage. He is an associate professor in the Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Ross graduated with his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree in 1979 from New York College of Podiatric Medicine. He later fulfilled a two-year residency with the Harris County Podiatric Residency Program, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery from 1979-1981. Dr. Ross pursued additional podiatric training by completing a fellowship in Ein Kerem, Israel in December of 1988, with the American College of Foot Surgeons. Seeking to expand his knowledge base even further, Dr. Ross graduated with his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Health Sciences, Antigua School of Medicine in 2003.
Since 1985, Dr. Ross has served as the podiatric attending chief for Ben Taub Hospital and the Quentin Meese Diabetic Foot Clinic. He has also served as the associate chief for the foot service at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center (1995) and a clinical associate professor in the Department of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine since 2006.
With over three decades of experience in his field, he has participated in over 150 lectures and/or presentations, and published 132 publications in various industry journals. He presents nationally and internationally on subjects ranging from sports medicine and biomechanics to wound healing and limb preservation. Dr. Ross served as past president of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine and served here in Texas as the co-chair of the Governor’s Advisory Council on Physical Fitness. He is a past member of Texas Department of State Health Services Council and Texas Diabetes Council. He served as past president of Texas Podiatric Medical Association.
Diabetic Foot Amputation Prevention / Limb Salvage
Foot injuries due to overuse
- Agostinelli J, Ross JA "Infracalcaneal heel pain in the athlete.." Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1997 July ; 14 (3): 503-9. Pubmed PMID: 9257037
- Ross JA "Posterior tibial tendon dysfunction in the athlete.." Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1997 July ; 14 (3): 479-88. Pubmed PMID: 9257035
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Professional Wound Care Association
- Texas Podiatric Medical Association
- Harris County Podiatric Medical Society
- American College of Podiatric Dermatology
- American Medical Running and Exercise Association
- American Diabetes Association
Log In to edit your profile