The Interventional Pulmonology Program at The Lung Institute is one of the largest lung centers in Texas that provides interventional pulmonology. As part of our comprehensive lung program, our board-certified interventional pulmonologists perform advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy, pleural procedures, and therapeutic bronchoscopy.
The Interventional Pulmonology Program offers consultation services for both malignant and benign disorders of the lung and the airways and a multidisciplinary approach to evaluation and management.
Our multidisciplinary team includes board-certified interventional pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, head and neck surgeons, oncologists, anesthesiologists, and other specialists as needed. Together, we provide a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to better treat and diagnose patients with complex airway, lung, and pleural diseases.
We are at the forefront of innovation in advanced diagnostic and treatment technology through sound clinical research, experimental trials, and clinical services.
Ranked High Performing Hospitals for Pulmonology and Lung Transplant, COPD and Lung Cancer Surgery by U.S. News & World Report Rankings.
- Lung Cancer
- Lung nodules
- Airway obstruction due to cancer
- Tracheal stenosis
- Pleural effusions
- Emphysema and COPD for valve placement
- Prolonged air leaks after surgery
- Pulmonary alveolar proteinosi
Advanced Diagnostic Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)-guided transbronchial needle aspiration
- Electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy
- Robotic bronchoscopy
- Radial endobronchial ultrasound
- Transbronchial cryobiopsy
- Rigid bronchoscopy
- LASER and Argon plasma coagulation
- Endobronchial cryotherapy
- Airway stent placement
- Foreign body removal
- Balloon dilation
- Endobronchial valve placement for persistent air leaks
- Bronchoscopic lung volume reduction for COPD
- Bronchial thermoplasty for Asthma
- Whole lung lavage
- Fiducial placement for radiation therapy
- Pleural ultrasound
- Tunneled indwelling pleural catheter placement
Learn more about all the clinical trials offered at Baylor Medicine related to the lungs.