News and Events
- Grant will fund development of spirometry toolkitNov 26, 2013
- A Baylor College of Medicine professor is developing a spirometry toolkit to effectively diagnose asthma and COPD.
- Lung cancer screening beneficial in high-risk groupsNov 25, 2013
- Baylor College of Medicine expert says that research on the causes of lung cancer and developing screening methods is critically important.
- Grant supports discovery of new uses for existing moleculesJun 18, 2013
- A Baylor College of Medicine professor has been awarded a grant to study a new treatment for lymphangioleiomyomatosis, a progressive lung disease with no current cure.
- Gene mutation analysis may point to imprinting in newborn lung diseaseMay 1, 2013
- Kids with the disease can also have anatomical problems involving organs of the gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and genitourinary systems.
- NIH funds study of beta blockers in treating asthmaApr 19, 2013
- The federally funded study will allow the researchers to study the use of this beta blocker in more patients.
- New clinic treats bronchiectasis patientsFeb 27, 2013
- New Baylor College of Medicine clinic treats patients with lung condition bronchiectasis.
- Minivectors renew gene therapy hopes for lung treatmentsMay 2, 2011
- Baylor College of Medicine researchers find that minivectors can carry gene therapy deep into the lungs.
- Lung transplant now viable option at any ageSep 10, 2010
- End-stage lung disease patients see new hope as BCM expert says lung transplants viable at any age.