There are four rotations (currently for each of the two orthopedic and two plastic surgery hand fellows which have been combined into one full year fellowship). Each rotation is designed to be a continuum; for example, one of the rotations focuses on congenital and pediatric hand problems. Another rotation deals mainly with the spectrum of adult hand and upper extremity problems in the private setting (both clinic and operating room), and the remaining rotations have the fellow primarily at the two public institutions, namely VA Medical Center and Ben Taub Hospital.
The principal teaching institutions are:
- Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center
- Ben Taub Hospital (Harris Health Hospital System)
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic
- Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Shriners Hospital for Children at Houston
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital