- Are meetings encrypted?
Yes, by default all meetings are encrypted. You will not need to modify your settings to enable encryption.
- Is BCM’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) required to access Zoom remotely?
No, you do not need to be connected via VPN.
- Do I need to install the browser plugin every time I join a meeting?
No, installation of the browser plugin is a one-time set up for each browser you use (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.). You will be prompted to update the browser plugin for updates when needed.
- What are the supported operating systems?
Zoom supports the following: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista with SP1 or later, and Mac OS X with Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or later.
- What are the supported web browsers?
Zoom supports the following: Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox, Chrome and Safari 5+.
- What are the supported tablet and mobile devices?
Zoom supports the following: Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1, Surface PRO 3 running Win 10, iOS and Android devices and Blackberry devices.
- How do I test my device for Zoom compatibility?
Log on to Zoom at https://bcm.zoom.us with your BCM account, create and start a meeting for testing purposes. Be sure to invite someone to test with. Please contact the OIT Help Desk to address any issues.
- Why do I hear echo or feedback?
If you hear audio echo or audio feedback during your meeting, there are three possible causes:
- Participant has both the computer and telephone audio active
- Participants with computer or telephones speakers that are too close to each other or
- Multiple computers with active audio in the same conference room
- Why can’t I hear any audio when I plug my headset/microphone into the computer’s monitor?
If you are using an external headset, microphone, or webcam, plug the device into the main source (the computer or laptop). Do not plug it into the monitor’s USB connection; it must be connected directly into the computer or laptop.