Michael E. DeBakey, M.D., Excellence in Research Awards
The Excellence in Research Awards are given on an annual basis in recognition of Baylor College of Medicine faculty who have made the most significant published scientific contribution to clinical or basic biomedical research during the past three years.
Awardees receive a commemorative medallion and fund to support their research. The awards are funded by the DeBakey Medical Foundation.
The 2015 awardees are:
- Kjersti Aagaard, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor and Vice Chair of Research, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Benjamin Deneen, Ph.D., Associate Professor for the Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine; Neuroscience
- Farrah Kheradmand, M.D., Nancy Chang, Ph.D., Professor for the Biology of Inflammation Center, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care at Baylor College of Medicine; staff physician at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Olivier Lichtarge, M.D., Ph.D., Director and Cullen Foundation Chair of the Computational and Integrative Biomedical Research Center; Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics
- Li Xin, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology; Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center