Recent Book Chapters
1. Shang Wang and Irina V. Larina. “High-resolution imaging techniques in tissue engineering” in the “Monitoring and evaluation of biomaterials and their performance in vivo” edited by Roger J. Narayan, Elsevier Press, 2017.
2. Andrew L. Lopez III, Monica D. Garcia, Mary E. Dickinson and Irina V. Larina. “Live confocal microscopy of the developing mouse embryonic yolk sac vasculature” in the “Vascular Morphogenesis" edited by Domenico Ribatti, Humana Press, 2015.
3. Monica D. Garcia, Andrew L. Lopez III, Kirill V. Larin and Irina V. Larina. “Imaging of cardiovascular development in mammalian embryos using optical coherence tomography” in the “Vascular Morphogenesis" edited by Domenico Ribatti, Humana Press, 2015
Recent Journal Articles
1. Shang Wang, Monica D. Garcia, Andrew L. Lopez III, Paul A. Overbeek, Kirill V. Larin and Irina V. Larina (2017). "Dynamic imaging and quantitative analysis of cranial neural tube closure in the mouse embryo using optical coherence tomography." Biomedical Optics Express. 2017 8(1): 407-419 PMCID: in progress. featured on the cover
2. Shang Wang, David S. Lakomy, Monica D. Garcia, Andrew L. Lopez III, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina, (2016), Four-dimensional live imaging of hemodynamics in mammalian embryonic heart with Doppler optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biophotonics.9(8):837-47 PMCID: in progress. featured on the cover
3. Amanda Rodriguez, Swamy K. Tripurani, Jason C. Burton, Caterina Clementi, Irina V. Larina, and Stephanie A. Pangas “SMAD signaling is required for structural integrity of the female reproductive tract and uterine function during early pregnancy in mice” Biology of Reproduction. 2016 Aug;95(2):44. PMCID: PMC5029477. featured on the cover
4. Chen Wu, Narendran Sudheendran, Manmohan Singh, Irina V. Larina, Mary E. Dickinson, Kirill V. Larin "Rotational imaging optical coherence tomography for full-body mouse embryonic imaging", Journal of Biomedical Optics 21(2), 026002 (2016). PMCID: PMC4748608.
5. Manmohan Singh, Raksha Raghunathan, Victor Piazza, Anjul M. Davis-Loiacono, Alex Cable, Tegy J. Vedakkan, Trevor Janecek, Michael V. Frazier, Achuth Nair, Chen Wu, Irina V. Larina, Mary E. Dickinson, and Kirill V. Larin “Applicability, usability, and limitations of murine embryonic imaging with optical coherence tomography and optical projection tomography”. Biomedical Optics Express. 2016 Jun 1; 7(6): 2295–2310. PMCID: PMC4918583 featured on the cover
6. Shang Wang, Manmohan Singh, Andrew L. Lopez, III, Chen Wu, Raksha Raghunathan, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina. “Direct 4D structural and functional imaging of cardiovascular dynamics in mouse embryo with 1.5 MHz optical coherence tomography.” Optics Letters, October 2015 (Vol. 40, Issue 20, pp. 4791). PMCID: PMC4849121.
7. Andrew L. Lopez, III, Shang Wang, Paul A. Overbeek, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina. “Live 4D optical coherence tomography reveals embryonic cardiac phenotype in novel mouse mutant.” Journal of Biomedical Optics, September 2015 (Vol. 20, Issue 9, pp. 90501). PMCID: PMC4681392. featured on the cover feature article of the month
8. Shang Wang*, Jason C. Burton*, Richard R. Behringer, and Irina V. Larina, " In vivo micro-scale tomography of ciliary function in mammalian oviduct," Scientific Reports 5, 13216 (2015). (* denotes equal contribution) PMCID: PMC4538602
9. Jason C. Burton*, Shang Wang*, C. Allison Stewart, Richard R. Behringer, and Irina V. Larina, "High-resolution three-dimensional in vivo imaging of mouse oviduct using optical coherence tomography," Biomed. Opt. Express 6, 2713-2723 (2015 (* denotes equal contribution) PMCID: PMC4505721
10. Chih-Wei Hsu, Ross A. Poché, Jennifer E. Saik, Saniya Ali, Shang Wang, Nejla Yosef, Gisele A. Calderon, Larry Scott Jr., Tegy J. Vadakkan, Irina V. Larina, Jennifer L. West, Mary E. Dickinson. Improved Angiogenesis in Response to Localized Delivery of Macrophage-Recruiting Molecules. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0131643 (2015). PMCID: PMC4489184
11. Saba H. Syed, Andrew J. Coughlin, Monica D. Garcia, Shang Wang, Jennifer L. West, Kirill V. Larin and Irina V. Larina. "Optical coherence tomography guided microinjections in live mouse embryos: high-resolution targeted manipulation for mouse embryonic research," Journal of Biomedical Optics, 20(5), 051020 (2015). PMCID: PMC4405081
12. Prathamesh M Kulkarni, Nicolas Rey-Villamizar, Amine Merouane, Narendran Sudheendran, Shang Wang, Monica Garcia, Irina V Larina, Badrinath Roysam, Kirill V Larin. “Algorithms for improved 3-D reconstruction of live mammalian embryo vasculature from optical coherence tomography data”, Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, 5(1): 125-135, 2015. PMCID: PMC4312302
13. Monica D. Garcia and Irina V. Larina. “Vascular development and hemodynamic force in the mouse yolk sac”, Frontiers in Physiology, 5:308, 2014. PMCID: PMC4138559
14. Shang Wang, Andrew L. Lopez, Yuka Morikawa, G. Tao, Jiasong Li, Irina V. Larina, James F. Martin, and Kirill V. Larin, "Noncontact quantitative biomechanical characterization of cardiac muscle using shear wave imaging optical coherence tomography," Biomedical Optics Express, vol. 5(7), pp. 1980-1992, 2014. PMCID: PMC4102343