Book Chapters and Invited Reviews
1. Andrew L. Lopez III, Monica D. Garcia, Mary E. Dickinson and Irina V. Larina. “Live confocal microscopy of the developing mouse embryonic yolk sac vasculature” in the “Vascular Morphogenesis" edited by Domenico Ribatti, Humana Press, 2015.
2. Monica D. Garcia, Andrew L. Lopez III, Kirill V. Larin and Irina V. Larina. “Imaging of cardiovascular development in mammalian embryos using optical coherence tomography” in the “Vascular Morphogenesis" edited by Domenico Ribatti, Humana Press, 2015.
3. Irina V. Larina and Mary E. Dickinson. “In vivo Imaging of the developing mouse embryonic vasculature” in the "In Vivo Cellular Imaging Using Fluorescent Proteins" edited by Robert Hoffman, Humana Press, 2012.
4. Irina V. Larina, Mary Dickinson, and Kirill Larin. “Fluorescence and OCT imaging of microcirculation in early mammalian embryos” in the “Microcirculation Imaging” edited by Martin Leahy, Wiley-VCH, 2012. (featured on the cover)
5. Irina V. Larina, Monica D. Garcia, Tegy J. Vadakkan, Kirill Larin, and Mary Dickinson. “Imaging Mouse Embryonic Cardiac Function” in the “Imaging in Developmental Biology: A Laboratory Manual”, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2011. (featured on the cover)
6. Irina V. Larina, Mary Dickinson, and Kirill Larin. “Advanced Optical Imaging of Early Mammalian Embryonic Development” in the “Handbook of Photonics for Biomedical Science” edited by Valery Tuchin, Taylor & Francis Group, 2010. (featured on the cover)
7. Irina V. Larina and Mary E. Dickinson. “Multiphoton Imaging of Animal Development”, in the "Handbook of Biological Nonlinear Optical Microscopy" edited by Barry Masters and Peter So, Oxford University Press, 2008.
Recent Journal Articles
1. Shang Wang, David S. Lakomy, Monica D. Garcia, Andrew L. Lopez III, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina, (2016), Four-dimensional live imaging of hemodynamics in mammalian embryonic heart with Doppler optical coherence tomography. J. Biophoton. 9(8):837-47 PMCID: in progress. (featured on the cover)
2. Amanda Rodriguez, Swamy K. Tripurani, Jason C. Burton, Caterina Clementi, Irina V. Larina, and Stephanie A. Pangas “SMAD signaling is required for structural integrity of the female reproductive tract and uterine function during early pregnancy in mice” Biol Reprod. 2016 Aug;95(2):44. PMID: 27335065. PMCID: in progress. (featured on the cover)
3. Chen Wu, Narendran Sudheendran, Manmohan Singh, Irina V. Larina, Mary E. Dickinson, Kirill V. Larin "Rotational imaging optical coherence tomography for full-body mouse embryonic imaging", J. Biomed. Opt. 21(2), 026002 (Feb 05, 2016).
4. Manmohan Singh, Raksha Raghunathan, Victor Piazza, Anjul M. Davis-Loiacono, Alex Cable, Tegy J. Vedakkan, Trevor Janecek, Michael V. Frazier, Achuth Nair, Chen Wu, Irina V. Larina, Mary E. Dickinson, and Kirill V. Larin “Applicability, usability, and limitations of murine embryonic imaging with optical coherence tomography and optical projection tomography”. Biomed Opt Express. 2016 Jun 1; 7(6): 2295–2310.
1. Shang Wang, Manmohan Singh, Andrew L. Lopez, III, Chen Wu, Raksha Raghunathan, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina. “Direct 4D structural and functional imaging of cardiovascular dynamics in mouse embryo with 1.5 MHz optical coherence tomography.” Optics Letters, October 2015 (Vol. 40, Issue 20, pp. 4791). PMID: 26469621.
2. Andrew L. Lopez, III, Shang Wang, Paul A. Overbeek, Kirill V. Larin, and Irina V. Larina. “Live 4D optical coherence tomography reveals embryonic cardiac phenotype in novel mouse mutant.” Journal of Biomedical Optics, September 2015 (Vol. 20, Issue 9, pp. 90501). PMCID: PMC4681392. (featured on the cover, feature article of the month)
3. Shang Wang*, Jason C. Burton*, Richard R. Behringer, and Irina V. Larina, " In vivo micro-scale tomography of ciliary function in mammalian oviduct," Scientific Reports 5, 13216 (2015). PMCID: PMC4538602 (* denotes equal contribution)
4. Jason C. Burton*, Shang Wang*, C. Allison Stewart, Richard R. Behringer, and Irina V. Larina, "High-resolution three-dimensional in vivo imaging of mouse oviduct using optical coherence tomography," Biomed. Opt. Express 6, 2713-2723 (2015). PMCID in progress. (* denotes equal contribution)
5. Chih-Wei Hsu, Ross A. Poché, Jennifer E. Saik, Saniya Ali, Shang Wang, Nejla Yosef, Gisele A. Calderon, Larry Scott Jr., Tegy J. Vadakkan, Irina V. Larina, Jennifer L. West, Mary E. Dickinson. Improved Angiogenesis in Response to Localized Delivery of Macrophage-Recruiting Molecules. PLoS ONE 10(7): e0131643 (2015). PMCID in progress.
6. Saba H. Syed, Andrew J. Coughlin, Monica D. Garcia, Shang Wang, Jennifer L. West, Kirill V. Larin and Irina V. Larina. "Optical coherence tomography guided microinjections in live mouse embryos: high-resolution targeted manipulation for mouse embryonic research," J. Biomed. Opt., 20(5), 051020 (2015). PMCID in progress.
7. Prathamesh M Kulkarni, Nicolas Rey-Villamizar, Amine Merouane, Narendran Sudheendran, Shang Wang, Monica Garcia, Irina V Larina, Badrinath Roysam, Kirill V Larin. “Algorithms for improved 3-D reconstruction of live mammalian embryo vasculature from optical coherence tomography data”, Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery, 5(1): 125-135, 2015. PMCID: PMC4312302
1. Monica D. Garcia and Irina V. Larina. “Vascular development and hemodynamic force in the mouse yolk sac”, Frontiers in Physiology, 5:308, 2014. PMCID: PMC4138559
2. Shang Wang, Andrew L. Lopez, Yuka Morikawa, G. Tao, Jiasong Li, Irina V. Larina, James F. Martin, and Kirill V. Larin, "Noncontact quantitative biomechanical characterization of cardiac muscle using shear wave imaging optical coherence tomography," Biomedical Optics Express, vol. 5, pp. 1980-1992, 2014/07/01 2014. PMCID: PMC4102343