- Assistant Professor
Pharmacology and Chemical Biology:Wang
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- One Baylor Plaza (Lab)
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX 77030
- PhD from Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Postdoctoral Training at University of Florida
- Gainesville, Florida
- Postdoctoral Training at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Boston, Massachusetts
Professional StatementMy research interest mainly lies in identifying the fundamental molecular mechanisms that contribute to the etiology of neuropsychiatric disorders and drug addiction. Using behavioral, pharmacological, transgenic mouse models, and human neuronal model system, my projects are focused on studying how stress promotes psychiatric disorders and drug addiction. The overall underlying mechanisms investigated involve the intracellular signaling transduction, neuroendocrine regulation, plasticity of neural circuitry, and functions of psychiatric risk genes.
- Qi XL, Hidetaka Y, Corrie Lu, Ji Y, Bauzo R, Alexander J, Bruijnzeel AW. "A critical role for the melanocortin 4 receptor in stress-induced relapse to nicotine seeking in rats.." Addiction Biol.. 2015 20 : 324-335.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Wang D, Pan Y, Wang W, Sun M. "A role for the extracellular signal-regulated kinase signal pathway in depressive-like behavior." Behav Brain Res. 2009 99 : 203-209..
- Bruijnzeel AW, Qi XL, Corrie LW. "Anorexic effects of intra-VTA leptin are similar in low-fat and high-fat-fed rats but attenuated in a subgroup of high-fat-fed obese rats.." Pharmacol Biochem Behav.. 2013 103 : 573-581.
- Bruijnzeel AW, Qi XL, Guzhva LV, Wall S, Deng JV, Gold MS, Febo M, Setlow B. "Behavioral characterization of the effects of cannabis smoke and anandamide in Rats.." PloS one. 2016 11 : e0153327.
- Li N, He X, Zhang Y, Qi XL, Li H, Zhu X, He S. "Brain-derived neurotrophic factor signalling mediates antidepressant effects of lamotrigine.." Int J Neuropsychopharmacol.. 2011 14 : 1091-1098..
- Wang D, Lin W, Pan Y, Kuang X, Qi XL, Sun H. "Chronic blockade of glucocorticoid receptors by RU486 enhances lipopolysaccharide-induced depressive-like behaviour and cytokine production in rats.." Brain Behav Immun.. 2011 25 : 706-714..
- Guo JY, Li CY, Ruan YP, Sun M, Qi XL, Zhao BS, Luo F. "Chronic treatment with celecoxib reverses chronic unpredictable stress-induced depressive-like behavior via reducing cyclooxygenase-2 expression in rat brain.." Eur J Pharmacol. 2009 612 : 54-60.
- Qi XL, Guzhva L, Ji Y, Bruijnzeel AW. "Chronic treatment with the vasopressin 1b receptor antagonist SSR149415 prevents the dysphoria associated with nicotine withdrawal in rats." Behav Brain Res. 2015 292 : 259-265.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Li J, Li H, Wang W, Wang D, Sun M. "Fluoxetine increases the activity of the ERK-CREB signal system and alleviates the depressive-like behavior in rats exposed to chronic forced swim stress.." Neurobiol Dis. 2008 31 : 278-285.
- Yao S, Peng M, Zhu X, Cheng M, Qi XL. "Heat shock protein72 protects hippocampal neurons from apoptosis induced by chronic psychological stress.." Int J Neurosci.. 2007 117 : 1551-1564.
- Qi XL, Guzhva L, Yang Z, Febo M, Shan Z, Wang KK, Bruijnzeel AW "Overexpression of CRF in the BNST diminishes dysphoria but not anxiety-like behavior in nicotine withdrawing rats." Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2016 26 : 1378-1389.
- Qi XL, Shan ZY, Ji Y, Guerra V, Alexander JC, Ormerod BK, Bruijnzeel AW. "Sustained AAV-mediated overexpression of CRF in the central amygdala diminishes the depressive-like state associated with nicotine withdrawal in rats.." Transl Psychiatry. 2014 : doi: 10.1038/tp.2014.25.
- Qi XL, Lin W, Li J, Pan Y, Wang W. "The depressive-like behaviors are correlated with decreased phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinases in rat brain following chronic forced swim stress.." Behav Brain Res. 2006 175 : 233-240.
- Pan Y, Lin W, Wang W, Qi XL, Wang D, Tang M. "The effects of central pro-and anti-inflammatory immune challenges on depressive-like behavior induced by chronic forced swim stress in rats." Behav Brain Res.. 2013 247 : 232-240.
- Li N, He X, Qi XL, Zhang Y, He S. "The mood stabilizer lamotrigine produces antidepressant behavioral effects in rats: role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor.." J Psychopharmacol. 2010 24 : 1772-1778.
- Garza JC, Qi XL, Gjeluci K, Leussis MP, Basu H, Reis SA, Zhao WN, Piguel NH, Penzes P, Haggarty SJ, Martens GJ, Poelmans G, Petryshen TL. "The psychiatric risk gene ankyrin 3 regulates microtubule dynamics through GSK3/CRMP2 signaling." Transl Psychiatry. 2018 :
- Igari M, Alexander JC, Ji Y, Qi XL, Papke RL, Bruijnzeel AW. "Varenicline and cytisine diminish the dysphoric-like state associated with spontaneous nicotine withdrawal in rats.." Neuropsychopharmacology. 2014 39 : 455-465.
- Qi XL, Bruijnzeel D, Bruijnzeel A. "Book Chapter. Critical Role for Brain Stress Systems in the Negative Affective State Associated With Nicotine Withdrawal.." Negative Affective States and Cognitive Impairments in Nicotine Dependence.. 2016 : 177-189..
- Society for Neuroscience
- American Psychological Association
Log In to edit your profile