- Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Neuroscience
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- BCM-MD Anderson Hall (Lab)
Houston, TX 77030
- PhD from Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- 09/2013 - Pune, Maharashtra India
- Biology (Chromatin Biology and Epigenetics)
- MSc from Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University
- 06/2006 - Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh India
- Zoology (specialization in molecular and human genetics)
- BSc from Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University
- 06/2004 - Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh India
- Zoology (Hons.)
- Gene regulation during otic differentiation and lineage commitment.
- Epigenetic regulation of otic placode development and differentiation.
Professional StatementI am interested in studying that how a naive cell gets committed towards a particular lineage and then differentiated into a mature adult cell. My long-term goal is to explore and dissect the mechanisms of differential gene regulation during cellular differentiation and lineage commitment.
Presently, I am studying the role of Foxi3 in the induction and differentiation of otic placode using mouse embryonic stem cell models.
- Purbey PK, Singh S, Notani D, Kumar PP, Limaye AS, Galande S "Acetylation-Dependent Interaction of SATB1 and CtBP1 Mediates Transcriptional Repression by SATB1." Mol Cell Biol.. 2009 March ; 29 (5): 1321-37. Pubmed PMID: 19103759
- PK Purbey, S Singh, PP Kumar, S Mehta, KN Ganesh, D Mitra, S Galande "PDZ domain-mediated dimerization and homeodomain-directed specificity are required for high-affinity DNA binding by SATB1." Nucleic Acids Res.. 2008 April ; 36 (7): 2107-2122. Pubmed PMID: 18187506
- Singh S and Groves AK "The molecular basis of craniofacial placode development." Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol.. 2016 May ; 5 (3): 363–376.. Pubmed PMID: 26952139
- ISSA- Indian Students and Scholars Association at BCM, Houston
- Core Member (07/2014 - 07/2016)
Log In to edit your profile