Shital Mahendra Patel, M.D.
Shital Mahendra Patel, M.D.
- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- M.D. from West Virginia University
- 01/1997 - Morgantown, WV United States
- Vaccine preventable diseases
Professional StatementDr. Patel is interested in vaccine development and vaccine strategies especially in high risk populations as well the general population. This has included Phase I, II, and III clinical trials of candidate vaccines in adolescents, adults and the elderly.
- Patel SM, Atmar RL, El Sahly HM, Cate TR, Keitel WA "A phase I evaluation of inactivated influenza A/H5N1 vaccine administered by the intradermal or the intramuscular route.." Vaccine. 2010 Apr 9;28(17):3025-9. Pubmed PMID: 19931380
- Couch RB, Patel SM, Wade-Bowers CL, Niño D "A Randomized Clinical Trial of an Inactivated Avian Influenza A (H7N7) Vaccine.." PLoS ONE. 2012;7(12):e49704. Pubmed PMID: 23239968
- Patel SM, Atmar RL, El Sahly HM, Guo K, Hill H, Keitel WA "Direct Comparison of an Inactivated Subvirion Influenza A Virus Subtype H5N1 Vaccine Administered by the Intradermal and Intramuscular Routes.." J. Infect. Dis.. 2012 Oct;206(7):1069-77. Pubmed PMID: 22891287
- Atmar RL, Keitel WA, Quarles JM, Cate TR, Patel SM, Nino D, Wells J, Arden N, Guo K, Hill H, Couch RB "Evaluation of age-related differences in the immunogenicity of a G9 H9N2 influenza vaccine.." Vaccine. 2011 Oct 19;29(45):8066-72. Pubmed PMID: 21864622
- Jackson LA, Patel SM, Swamy GK, Frey SE, Creech CB, Munoz FM, Artal R, Keitel WA, Noah DL, Petrie CR, Wolff M, Edwards KM "Immunogenicity of an Inactivated Monovalent 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine in Pregnant Women.." J. Infect. Dis.. 2011 Sep;204(6):854-63. Pubmed PMID: 21849282
- Atmar RL, Patel SM, Keitel WA "Intanza(®): a new intradermal vaccine for seasonal influenza.." Expert Rev Vaccines. 2010 Dec;9(12):1399-409. Pubmed PMID: 21105776
- Atmar RL, Piedra PA, Patel SM, Greenberg SB, Couch RB, Glezen WP "Picornavirus, the Most Common Respiratory Virus Causing Infection among Patients of All Ages Hospitalized with Acute Respiratory Illness.." J. Clin. Microbiol.. 2012 Feb;50(2):506-8. Pubmed PMID: 22116142
- Keitel WA, Campbell JD, Treanor JJ, Walter EB, Patel SM, He F, Noah DL, Hill H "Safety and immunogenicity of an inactivated influenza A/H5N1 vaccine given with or without aluminum hydroxide to healthy adults: results of a phase I-II randomized clinical trial.." J. Infect. Dis.. 2008 Nov 1;198(9):1309-16. Pubmed PMID: 18808338
- Keitel WA, Dekker CL, Mink C, Campbell JD, Edwards KM, Patel SM, Ho DY, Talbot HK, Guo K, Noah DL, Hill H "Safety and immunogenicity of inactivated, Vero cell culture-derived whole virus influenza A/H5N1 vaccine given alone or with aluminum hydroxide adjuvant in healthy adults.." Vaccine. 2009 Nov 5;27(47):6642-8. Pubmed PMID: 19773098
- Atmar RL, Keitel WA, Patel SM, Katz JM, She D, El Sahly H, Pompey J, Cate TR, Couch RB "Safety and immunogenicity of nonadjuvanted and MF59-adjuvanted influenza A/H9N2 vaccine preparations.." Clin. Infect. Dis.. 2006 Nov 1;43(9):1135-42. Pubmed PMID: 17029131
- Zika Virus Research
- BCM (07/2016 - present)
- Houston, TX
- Clinical study enrolling volunteers with Zika virus infection to help characterize the immune response and the persistence of virus.
Log In to edit your profile