- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas United States
- Children's Nutrition Research Center (Office)
Houston, TX 77030
- PhD from University Of South Carolina
- 08/2007 - Columbia, South Carolina United States
- MS from University Of South Carolina
- 12/2004 - Columbia, South Carolina United States
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Children's Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine
- 12/2010 - Houston, Texas United States
- Dave JM, Evans AE, Saunders RP, Watkins KW, Pfeiffer KA "Associations among food insecurity, acculturation, demographic factors, and fruit and vegetable intake at home in Hispanic children.." J Am Diet Assoc. 2009 April ; 109 (4): 697-701. Pubmed PMID: 19328265
- Evans AE, Dave J, Tanner A, Duhe S, Condrasky M, Wilson D, Griffin S, Palmer M, Evans M "Changing the home nutrition environment: effects of a nutrition and media literacy pilot intervention.." Fam Community Health. 29 (1): 43-54. Pubmed PMID: 16340677
- Dave JM, Evans AE, Pfeiffer KA, Watkins KW, Saunders RP "Correlates of availability and accessibility of fruits and vegetables in homes of low-income Hispanic families.." Health Educ Res. 2010 February ; 25 (1): 97-108. Pubmed PMID: 19654221
- Skala K, Chuang RJ, Evans A, Hedberg AM, Dave J, Sharma S "Ethnic differences in the home food environment and parental food practices among families of low-income Hispanic and African-American preschoolers.." J Immigr Minor Health. 2012 December ; 14 (6): 1014-22. Pubmed PMID: 22262411
- Cullen KW, Watson KB, Dave JM "Middle-school students' school lunch consumption does not meet the new Institute of Medicine's National School Lunch Program recommendations.." Public Health Nutr. 2011 October ; 14 (10): 1876-81. Pubmed PMID: 21557875
- Hilmers A, Hilmers DC, Dave J "Neighborhood disparities in access to healthy foods and their effects on environmental justice.." Am J Public Health. 2012 September ; 102 (9): 1644-54. Pubmed PMID: 22813465
- Dave JM, Evans AE, Condrasky MD, Williams JE "Parent-reported Social Support for Child's Fruit and Vegetable Intake: Validity of Measures.." J Nutr Educ Behav. 2012 March ; 44 (2): 132-9. Pubmed PMID: 22230473
- Hingle MD, O'Connor TM, Dave JM, Baranowski T "Parental involvement in interventions to improve child dietary intake: a systematic review.." Prev Med. 2010 August ; 51 (2): 103-11. Pubmed PMID: 20462509
- Dave JM, An LC, Jeffery RW, Ahluwalia JS "Relationship of attitudes toward fast food and frequency of fast-food intake in adults.." Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009 June ; 17 (6): 1164-70. Pubmed PMID: 19247277
- Evans A, Chow S, Jennings R, Dave J, Scoblick K, Sterba KR, Loyo J "Traditional foods and practices of Spanish-speaking latina mothers influence the home food environment: implications for future interventions.." J Am Diet Assoc. 2011 July ; 111 (7): 1031-8. Pubmed PMID: 21703381
- Hilmers A, Chen TA, Dave JM, Thompson D, Cullen KW "Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program participation did not help low income Hispanic women in Texas meet the dietary guidelines." Prev. Med.. 2014 May 31; 62 : 44-48.
- Cullen KW, Dave JM, Chen A, Elliott L, Walker F, Jensen H "Implementing the New School Meal Regulations: Do Elementary School Children Select and Eat 1 Fruit and 2 Vegetable Servings When Allowed?." J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013 September ; 113 (9): A11.
- Dave JM, Cullen KW "Dietary intakes of children from food insecure households." J Appl Res Child. 2012 3 (1): Article 7.
- Dave JM, Chen T-A, Thompson DI, Oceguera AC, Cullen KW "Outcome evaluation of a pilot study using “nudges." Int. J. Child Health Nutr. (In press). :
- Cullen KW, Chen T-A, Dave JM, Jensen H "Differential Improvements in Student Fruit and Vegetable Selection and Consumption in Response to the New National School Lunch Program Regulations: A Pilot Study." J Acad Nutr Diet. (In press). 2015 :
- Kids Cafe: Impact of a national feeding program on children's dietary behaviors - #1R03CA153586-01 (07/12/2010 - 06/30/2012) Grant funding from National Cancer Institute
- Principal Investigator The objective of this study was to assess the impact of the Kids Café program on children’s dietary behaviors and nutrition knowledge.
- Building capacity in food bank organizations for obesity prevention programs - #1R21CA150977-01 (09/22/2010 - 08/31/2012) Grant funding from National Cancer Institute
- Principal Investigator The objective of this study was to investigate the potential of food banks to integrate nutrition education for obesity and cancer prevention into their usual operations using community-based participatory research (CBPR) principles.
- Black College Students, Health Disparities and Disease Prevention Practices - #1 R21 NR014149-01A1 (09/25/2014 - 07/31/2016) Grant funding from National Institute of Nursing Research
- Co-Principal Investigator This study assesses the social network of African American students attending HBCUs, and examines the flow of health related behaviors, attitudes, support and information across their social networks which may help in addressing health disparities among African-Americans.
- Prevention of Obesity and Related Diseases - #6250-51000-053-00D-3 Grant funding from USDA/ARS
- Co-Principal Investigator This project aims to assess the impact of food security status on dietary intake, diet quality, and nutrient density, as well as participation in federal food assistance programs, consumer behaviors, and food costs among low income families.
- USDA Center for WIC Nutrition Education Innovations - #WIC NEI-12-TX (09/30/2012 - 08/31/2016) Grant funding from USDA
Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi
Log In to edit your profile