Daniel Calame, M.D., Ph.D.
Daniel Calame, M.D., Ph.D.
- Medical Resident
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident
- Section of Pediatric Neurology and Developmental Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine (06/2019 - 06/2020)
- Neuromuscular disease
Professional StatementOriginally from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, Daniel grew up in the Houston area. After attending the University of Texas at Austin for his bachelor's degree, he pursued combined M.D., Ph.D. training at the University of Texas Medical Scientist Training Program at Houston. While a resident in the Baylor College of Medicine Child Neurology program, he helped identify several novel disease-gene associations (e.g. EIF2AK2, NRROS, CSTB). During his research year in the ABPN Basic Neuroscience Track he is working with Dr. James R. Lupski to identify additional novel neuromuscular and neurodevelopmental disease genes.
- Daniel Calame, Marwan Shinawi, Julie Cohen, Richard Person, Aida Telegrafi, Timothy Lotze, Sho Yano, Debra Regier "Atypical phenotypes caused by the ATP1A3 variant p. P775L (1946)." Neurology.2020/April14;94(15 Supplement):
- Xiaomin Dong, Natalie B Tan, Katherine B Howell, Sabina Barresi, Jeremy L Freeman, Davide Vecchio, Maria Piccione, Francesca Clementina Radio, Daniel Calame, et al. "Bi-allelic LoF NRROS Variants Impairing Active TGF-β1 Delivery Cause a Severe Infantile-Onset Neurodegenerative Condition with Intracranial Calcification." Am J Hum Genet.2020/March19;106(4):559-569. Pubmed PMID: 32197075
- Dongxue Mao, Chloe M. Reuter, Maura R. Z. Ruzhnikov, Anita E. Beck, Emily G. Farrow, Lisa T. Emrick, Jill A. Rosenfeld, Katherine M. Mackenzie, Laurie Robak, Matthew T. Wheeler, Lindsay C. Burrage, Mahim Jain, Pengfei Liu, DanielCalame, et al. "De novo EIF2AK1 and EIF2AK2 variants are associated with developmental delay, leukoencephalopathy, and neurologic decompensation." Am J.2020/April2;106(4):570-583. Pubmed PMID: 32197074
- Elisa J Moran, William Blaine Lapin, Daniel Calame, Monica Bray, Lisa Nassif Wright, Nilesh K Desai, Fernando Stein, Monica Marcus "Degos disease: A radiological-pathological correlation of the neuroradiological aspects of the disease." Ann Diagn Pathol.2020/May30;47:151545. Pubmed PMID: 32505971
- D Calame, I Herman, L Emrick, T Lotze "Genetic Mimics of Autoimmune Encephalitis." Ann Neurol. 2019 October 1; 86 : S89-S90.
- Daniel G Calame, Stacey L Mueller-Ortiz, Rick A Wetsel "Innate and adaptive immunologic functions of complement in the host response to Listeria monocytogenes infection." Immunobiology. 2016 December 1; 221 (12): 1407-1417. Pubmed PMID: 27476791
- D Calame, F Abid "Positive response to nusinersen in a patient with motor neuron disease and 1 copy of SMN1 (5066)." Ann Neurol. 2020 April 14; 94 (15 Supplement):
- Stacey L. Mueller-Ortiz, Daniel G. Calame, Nancy Shenoi, Yi-Dong Li and Rick A. Wetsel "The Complement Anaphylatoxins C5a and C3a Suppress IFN-β Production in Response to Listeria monocytogenes by Inhibition of the Cyclic Dinucleotide–Activated Cytosolic Surveillance Pathway." J Immunol. 2017 April 15; 198 (8): 3237-3244. Pubmed PMID: 28275134
- Daniel G Calame, Stacey L Mueller-Ortiz, John E Morales, Rick A Wetsel "The C5a anaphylatoxin receptor (C5aR1) protects against Listeria monocytogenes infection by inhibiting type 1 IFN expression." J Immunol. 2014 November 15; 193 (10): 5099-5107. Pubmed PMID: 25297874
- D Pehlivan, Jaya Punetha, Dana Marafie, Tadahiro Mitani, Jawid M Fatih, Daniel Calame, Timothy E Lotze, Pedro Mancias, Suur Biliciler, Farida Abid, Kazim Sheikh, JE Posey, JR Lupski "UNRAVELING THE MOLECULAR ETIOLOGY OF NEUROMUSCULAR DISORDERS USING A FAMILY-BASED RESEARCH EXOME SEQUENCING APPROACH." Muscle Nerve. 2019 November 1; 60 : S2-S2.
- Child Neurology Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Log In to edit your profile