The Center for Balance Disorders at Baylor College of Medicine, provides in-depth services for the diagnosis and management of patients with vestibular disorders. Vestibular disorders are disorders of the inner ear as they relate to balance and equilibrium. Symptoms include, but are not limited to, dizziness, imbalance, disorientation, nausea, blurred vision, and hearing loss. As part of Baylor College of Medicine, we have access to cutting-edge technology and superior physicians. Our services include vestibular rehabilitation therapy, provided by Helen Cohen, Ed.D, OTR, FAOTA, and counseling with Melody Fregia, MA, LPC.
All tests are administered by experienced technicians under the supervision of Robert Williamson, M.D., a board-certified neurotologist and assistant professor at Baylor College of Medicine.
We offer the following:
- ENG Testing and Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials - ENG and VEMP testing provide a thorough diagnostic battery of the vestibular system.
- Posturography Testing - Balance Platform
- Pressure Sensitivity Testing or Perilymph Fistula Testing
- Facial Nerve Testing - Electroneuronography
- MS Test Battery - for patients with diagnosed or suspected MS
See details about individual tests.
Forms and pretest instructions for our patients are available in English and Spanish.
The Center for Balance Disorders at Baylor also conducts clinical research to study and evaluate the function of the vestibular system.