Audiology Services in the Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery provides comprehensive audiologic services for adults, state-of-the-art digital hearing aids, and, most importantly, experienced, caring staff.
Complete audiologic evaluations include assessments to determine the severity and underlying cause of your hearing loss. If a medical problem is identified as the cause of your hearing loss, appropriate referrals will be made.
When should you see an audiologist for a hearing evaluation?
Investigate the Signs
Don't ignore the following indicators:
- Problems hearing on the telephone
- Asking people to repeat themselves
- People seem to mumble or you are unable to converse in a noisy setting
- Others notice that the television volume is high
- You don't hear certain sounds or alarms that you previously heard
- Avoiding activities because of problems hearing or understanding
- Some voices are harder to hear than others