Team Discovery 2019-2020
Eligibility: All are invited to attend Team Discovery Workshops. Team Discovery Training Sessions can be requested by any Baylor College of Medicine employee or affiliate.
- Workshop 1: Teams and Conflict: Challenges and Opportunities
Sept. 5, 2019 | 3:30-5 p.m.
Location Room M321/323
Join us for the first TEAM LAUNCH Team Discovery session of the academic year. Melanie Jagneaux, JD MBA, Ombuds at Baylor College of Medicine, will serve as a special guest facilitator along with TEAM LAUNCH Master Facilitators for this activity. Refreshments will be served.
• Define conflict and its impact on team effectiveness
• Consider effective skills for managing conflict
• Apply communication skills to mitigate conflict in teams
- Workshop 2: TBA
March 26, 2020 | 3:30-5 p.m.
Launch Pad 2019-2020
Eligibility: Students will enroll from all Baylor schools/programs as a graduation requirement.
- Module 1: Foundations of Teamwork
Jan. 16, 2020 | 3-5 p.m.
Students will identify the characteristics of high-performing teams; engaging in interactive learning experiences to advance their knowledge of teamwork skills.
- Module 2: Establishing the Team - Tools for Cognition, Capabilities, Conditions, and Coordination
Jan. 23, 2020 | 3-5 p.m.
Students will participate in interactive case studies and professional scenarios to build their teamwork and leadership skills.
- Module 3: Optimizing Team Performance - Tools for Coaching, Cooperation, Communication, and Conflict
Jan. 30, 2020 | 3-5 p.m.
Students will participate in interactive case studies and professional scenarios to build their leadership skills.
- Module 4: Bringing the Team Together
Feb. 6, 2020 | 3-5 p.m.
Students will integrate advanced skills and tools to optimize team performance through experiential learning activities; and synthesize the knowledge and experiences acquired throughout the entire course through self-reflection and collaborative team activities.
Team Projects Spring 2020
Eligibility: Students who have completed Launch Pad will be able to register to participate in Team Projects.
- Team Projects
The schedule for spring 2020 session of Team Projects will be announced in fall 2019.