Primary Components of Quality Matters
Quality Matters strives to provide an integrated quality assurance process but can be adapted to individual contexts for quality assurance. This can involve training and development of peer review teams who lead a self-review or informal internal review of Distance Education courses and programs.
Why Quality Matters?
- A systematic quality-assurance process with continuous improvement and feedback loops
- Consistency and rigor in online course design reviews using a nationally recognized rubric instrument
- Trained peer review teams (faculty to faculty feedback and recommendations)
- Professional development and certification opportunities for faculty
- Documentation of quality assurance processes, measures and indicators for accreditation agencies such as SACSCOC
- Alignment to BCM’s core values of innovation, teamwork and excellence