The Breast Imaging Fellowship Program at Baylor College of Medicine offers one position each year to qualified applicants. Candidates must complete a four-year Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) prior to beginning their fellowship.
The Breast Imaging Fellowship participates in the National Resident Matching Program which is sponsored by the Society of Breast Imaging. In order to become a breast imaging fellow with Baylor College of Medicine, you must register with the radiology match.
To apply for a fellowship position, please submit the following documents by Friday, Jan. 1, 2021.
- SBI Universal Application
- Current photo (sent electronically via email)
- Curriculum Vitae and personal Statement
- Medical school dean’s letter
- Original medical school transcript
- One original notarized copy of medical school diploma
- One original notarized copy of internship certificate (if applicable)
- Letter of good standing verification from current residency program director
- Copy of your USMLE Scores - Steps 1 and 2 (Step 3, if applicable) and/or COMLEX scores
- One original notarized copy of your ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Three letters of recommendation by physicians who can evaluate your clinical and academic abilities.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled to be held at the end of January or beginning of February 2021.
Breast Imaging has implemented an All-In-Policy for the match. This means that programs participating in the match cannot extend any offers to candidates outside of the match. Applicants can withdraw from the match prior to the ranking deadline if they accept a position outside of the match.
Dates of the match:
Nov. 1, 2020: Virtual interview period begins
March 24, 2021: Match opens
April 21, 2021: Ranking opens
May 19, 2021: Quota change deadline
June 2, 2021: Ranking closes
June 16, 2021: Match day
July 1, 2022: Training begins
Cost of the match:
Applicants will pay a $85 registration fee to register for the Match.
Baylor College of Medicine
Attention: Becky Baxter
Department of Radiology
One Baylor Plaza – BCM360
Houston, TX 77030
Phone: (713) 798-6362
Fax: (713) 798-8359