Department of Pharmacology
The Department of Pharmacology at Baylor College of Medicine is dedicated to:
- Establishing a leading research program in drug discovery, design, and delivery
- Creating innovative approaches to facilitate drug design and discovery
- Training scientists in basic research in drug design and discovery
- Translating basic science research into therapeutic applications
- Training scientists and physicians to translate results from basic research to clinical applications
Our research interests cover a broad spectrum of topics including chemical biology, drug delivery, drug discovery, computational biology, molecular genetics and genomics, protein design, protein structure, function and evolution and psychopharmacology. Please take a moment to learn more about our diverse faculty and research.
Graduate Training Program
The Department of Pharmacology offers an advanced study program in pharmacology. The graduate program provides students with multidisciplinary training in modern pharmacology, reflecting our strong and diverse research portfolio. See more information about the Graduate Program in Pharmacology.
Please direct inquiries to Pharmacology@bcm.edu.
Upcoming Department Seminars
May 2, 2016, 4 p.m.
Speaker: Kevin MacKenzie, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Baylor College of Medicine
Title: "Stability and specificity of protein-protein interactions inside membranes"
See seminar flyer for details