Our curriculum is predicated on ACGME core requirements for Transplant Hepatology and ABIM board certification. Curriculum is designed for Transplant Hepatology fellows to:
- Train in a world-class, caring, accessible environment for the diagnosis and medical, surgical and radiological treatment of all hepatobiliary diseases afflicting adults.
- Participate fully in a multidepartmental, multidisciplinary, multi-institutional team effort of physicians, surgeons, nurses, clinician investigators and trainees to care for adult patients with hepatobiliary diseases.
- Excel in providing the pre-operative and post-operative care required for the success of life-saving liver transplantation alone or in combination with other vital organs, including kidney, heart and lung.
- Excel in non-transplant surgical and radiological care of patients with primary and secondary hepatobiliary malignancies.
- Participate in the conduct of innovative clinical trials of novel investigational treatments.
- Ensure a seamless transition of older pediatric patients to the care of adult hepatologists