The center values creating a meaningful connection between the work we do and the people whose lives are impacted by these important ethical questions. We are committed to building relationships with the community and starting a dialogue around these very issues. Learn how you can get involved!
Upcoming Events 2021
Aug. 18, 5-6 p.m.: Bioethics Grand Rounds on Texas 87th Legislature with Timothy Ottinger, MA, board member, Texas Essential Health Partners, Texas Association of Voluntary Hospitals Catholic Health Association of Texas, HealthPoint Community Health Center. See flyer for details.
Sept. 22, 5-6 p.m.: Bioethics Grand Rounds on Diversity in Healthcare Professional Representation. Speakers below. Zoom details TBA.
- Arianne Dowdell JD, MA, vice president, chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer, Houston Methodist
- Robert A. Kidd, MDiv., BCC system director, spiritual care and values integration, Houston Methodist
- Eugene L. Alford M.D., F.A.C.S., associate professor of plastic surgery, Weill-Cornell College of Medicine, adjunct associate professor, Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Trevor M. Burt, MS, EdD, vice president, education administration, Houston Methodist Academic Institute
Dec. 15, 5-6 p.m.: Bioethics Grand Rounds on Declaration of Death by Neurological Criteria; Organ Donation. Speakers below. Zoom details TBA.
- Trevor Bibler, Ph.D., assistant professor, Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Mark J. Hobeika, M.D., F.A.C.S. assistant professor of surgery (transplant), Weill Cornell Medical College Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Claire Horner, JD, MA, assistant professor, Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy