The center values creating a meaningful connection between the work we do and the people whose lives are impacted by these important ethical questions. We are committed to building relationships with the community and starting a dialogue around these very issues. Learn how you can get involved!
Upcoming Events 2021
July 26-Aug. 6, 7-8:30 p.m.: Free, Six-week Virtual Reflective Writing Workshop: Chronicling Caregiving & COVID Learn more and register.
July 30.: Deadline to nominate a junior or mid-level scholar for the 2021-2022 Baruch A. Brody Award & Lecture in Bioethics. Learn more.
Aug.18, 5-6 p.m.: Ethics Grand Rounds on Texas 87th Legislature with Timothy Ottinger, Division Director of Government Relations at CHI
St. Luke’s Health. Zoom. Password: 458725.
Sept. 22, 5-6 p.m.: Bioethics Grand Rounds on Diversity in Healthcare Professional Representation. Speakers below. Zoom details TBA.
- Arianne Dowdell JD, MA, vice president, chief diversity, equity and inclusion officer, Houston Methodist
- Robert A. Kidd, MDiv., BCC system director, spiritual care and values integration, Houston Methodist
- Eugene L. Alford M.D., F.A.C.S., associate professor of plastic surgery, Weill-Cornell College of Medicine, adjunct associate professor, Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Trevor M. Burt, MS, EdD, vice president, education administration, Houston Methodist Academic Institute
December 15, 5-6 p.m.: Bioethics Grand Rounds on Declaration of Death by Neurological Criteria; Organ Donation. Speakers below. Zoom details TBA.
- Trevor Bibler, Ph.D., assistant professor, Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
- Mark J. Hobeika, M.D., F.A.C.S. assistant professor of surgery (transplant), Weill Cornell Medical College Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Claire Horner, JD, MA, assistant professor, Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy