- Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (Office)
- 1250 Moursund Street, Suite N.0970.05 Mail Stop: BCM295 Houston, Texas 77030 United States (832) 824-7903
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- PhD from Tulane University
- BS from Louisiana State University
We are interested in producing a biophysically based understanding of cortical circuit function. Currently we are attempting to determine the mechanisms of experience-dependent shaping of network representations in the hippocampus and barrel cortex. We are also trying to understand the behavioral impact of this representation learning. We have a long-standing interest in active input processing in neuronal dendrites and its role in learning and memory. We use a variety of electrical (whole-cell, juxtacellular, silicon probe) and optical (two-photon) recording and optogenetic manipulation techniques both in behaving animals and in brain slices.