- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Division of General Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
- Weight Loss and Metabolic Center (Clinic)
Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center
7200 Cambridge St.
Houston, TX 77030
- Clinical Fellowship at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery
- Residency at Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- General Surgery
- MD-PhD from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Cellular and Molecular Medicine
- Weight-loss Surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Hiatal hernia repair
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic and robotic surgery
Professional StatementS. Julie-Ann Lloyd, M.D., Ph.D. is an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery with clinical expertise in Minimal Invasive and Bariatric Surgery.
Dr. Lloyd received her undergraduate and advanced education (S.B., Chemistry, and S.M., Bioengineering) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and earned joint graduate degrees (M.D. and Ph.D., Cellular and Molecular Medicine) from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She completed her general surgery residency at the Cleveland Clinic, followed by a fellowship in Minimally Invasive Bariatric and General Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where she also served as Clinical Instructor.
As a specialist in Minimally Invasive, Robotic, and Bariatric Surgery, Dr. Lloyd utilizes state-of-the-art techniques to treat obesity-related diseases, and employs a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care plan for her patients. In addition to her clinical responsibilities, Dr. Lloyd is a dedicated researcher and educator. Her research interests include the pathophysiology of obesity and improving patient outcomes through optimization of perioperative care.
Dr. Lloyd also serves on national committees and holds active membership in professional societies, namely, the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
- Ardila-Gatas J, Sharma G, Lloyd SJ, Khorgami Z, Tu C, Schauer PR, Brethauer SA, Aminian A "A Nationwide Safety Analysis of Discharge on the First Postoperative Day After Bariatric Surgery in Selected Patients." Obes Surg. :
- Liu MH, Lloyd SJ, Gause CD, Seifarth FG, DeRoss AL "Abdominal compartment syndrome associated with Norovirus infection." J Pediatr Surg Case Rep. :
- Lloyd SJ, Raychaudhuri S, Espenshade PJ "Subunit architecture of the Golgi Dsc E3 ligase required for sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP) cleavage in fission yeast." J Biol Chem. :
- Stewart EV, Lloyd SJ, Burg JS, Nwosu CC, Lintner RE, Daza R, Russ C, Ponchner K, Nusbaum C, Espenshade PJ "Yeast sterol regulatory element binding protein (SREBP) cleavage requires Cdc48 and Dsc5, a ubiquitin regulatory X domain-containing subunit of the Golgi Dsc E3 ligase." J Biol Chem. :
- Lloyd SJ, Weiss ES, Vricella LA "Left anterior descending coronary artery aneurysm: A case report and review of the literature." Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. :
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Log In to edit your profile