Dr. Debra Shetlar, associate professor of ophthalmology and pathology, was elected as president-elect of the American Association of Ophthalmic Oncologists and Pathologists at the society’s recent meeting in Chicago. She will serve as president of the society in 2020-2022.
- INSiGHT identifies unique retinal regulatory genesAug 29, 2018
- Researches at Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children’s Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children have developed a new platform called INSiGHT that enables them to uncover new regulators of retina neurons.
- What to know about protecting your eyes this summerJun 25, 2018
- From swimming at the pool to taking in fireworks displays, your eyes are sure to be exposed to sun and other hazards. An expert at Baylor College of Medicine shares her advice on ways to protect your eyes while still enjoying summer activities.
- Dive into a safe Memorial Day with these tipsMay 24, 2018
- Experts at Baylor College of Medicine offer advice on how to have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend while spending time outdoors.
- New gene therapy shows promise in reversing vision loss or blindness in patients with rare diseaseApr 16, 2018
- A new FDA-approved gene therapy treatment for patients with an inherited form of vision loss is now available at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation gives $2M for endowed chairJan 5, 2018
- The Knights Templar Eye Foundation gifts Baylor College of Medicine $2 million to create the Knights Templar Eye Foundation Presidential Chair in Ophthalmology.