Swimming and Contacts a Bad Combo - July 21, 2016
If you wear contact lenses, eye experts are warning you to take them out before swimming.
What should you look for when buying sunglasses? - July 18, 2016
If you want to preserve your eye health, putting on sunglasses should be taken as seriously as sunscreen.
- What to know about protecting your eyes this summerJun 25, 2018
- From swimming at the pool to taking in fireworks displays, your eyes are sure to be exposed to sun and other hazards. An expert at Baylor College of Medicine shares her advice on ways to protect your eyes while still enjoying summer activities.
- Dive into a safe Memorial Day with these tipsMay 24, 2018
- Experts at Baylor College of Medicine offer advice on how to have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend while spending time outdoors.
- New gene therapy shows promise in reversing vision loss or blindness in patients with rare diseaseApr 16, 2018
- A new FDA-approved gene therapy treatment for patients with an inherited form of vision loss is now available at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation gives $2M for endowed chairJan 5, 2018
- The Knights Templar Eye Foundation gifts Baylor College of Medicine $2 million to create the Knights Templar Eye Foundation Presidential Chair in Ophthalmology.
- Expert offers tips on protecting your eyes from fireworksDec 27, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal offers tips on how to protect your eyes from injury while using fireworks.
- Think twice before buying Halloween contactsOct 3, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng warns of danger from using novelty contacts for Halloween costumes and discusses the damage they can do to the eye.
- Contact lens care after swimming in floodwaters Sep 7, 2017
- Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder has advice for contact lens wearers on how to properly care for their eyes after being exposed to floodwaters brought in by Hurricane Harvey.
- Experience the solar eclipse with proper eye protectionAug 9, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says when viewing the solar eclipse, it is important to wear proper eye protection to prevent damage to the eye, especially the retina.
- Signs your child may need glasses Jul 27, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says noticing signs of vision loss is especially significant in young children.
- Preventing eye fatigue on long road trips Jul 12, 2017
- Dr. Zaina Al-Mohtaseb gives insight on ways to prevent eye fatigue and get safely through road trips.
- Sunglasses with UVAB protection key to eye careMay 24, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal says wearing sunglasses is the best way to protect the eyes from strong UV rays, and the bigger, the better.
- Grant will support new therapy for inflammatory eye diseaseMar 16, 2017
- Dr. Robert Britton, professor of molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, was awarded the Stein Innovation Award from the Research to Prevent Blindness organization.
- Mutations in CWC27 result in spectrum of conditionsMar 9, 2017
- Researchers has discovered that mutations in the human gene CWC27 result in a spectrum of clinical conditions that include retinal degeneration and problems with craniofacial and skeletal development.
- Algorithm gives insight into auditory/visual illusionFeb 16, 2017
- Neuroscience researchers have created an algorithm to reveal key insight into why the brain can sometimes muddle up one of the most fundamental aspects of the human experience.
- New treatment options will bring tears to your eyesFeb 2, 2017
- New specialized treatments available at the Alkek Eye Center in the Cullen Eye Institute at Baylor College of Medicine are helping patients with dry eyes see clearly again.
- Don’t let studying strain your eyesAug 16, 2016
- Studying on laptops or tablets can cause strain on the eyes. Eye expert Dr. Zaina Al-Mohtaseb explains how to avoid 'computer vision syndrome.'
- Visual pigment rhodopsin forms two-molecule complexes in vivoJul 25, 2016
- Researchers have determined the most likely configuration of rhodopsin in a living organism, a discovery which may help develop future therapies a degenerative eye disease.
- Expert says swimming with contact lenses can lead to complications Jul 11, 2016
- Avoid eye irritation and infections, avoid swimming with your contacts on this summer.
- Baylor recognizes excellence among cliniciansJun 16, 2016
- A select group of Baylor College of Medicine faculty members were recognized for excellence in patient care at the Master Clinician and Rising Star Clinician Awards ceremony.
- New study underway using laser technology to help improve precision in cataract surgery Jun 9, 2016
- A new study in the Alkek Eye Center is under way to compare the effectiveness of two methods in reducing astigmatism during cataract surgery.