Momentum is Baylor College of Medicine’s blog that spans health news, medical education updates, healthcare, community and events around Baylor.
- Visual pigment rhodopsin forms two-molecule complexes in vivoJul 25, 2016
- Researchers have determined the most likely configuration of rhodopsin in a living organism, a discovery which may help develop future therapies a degenerative eye disease.
- Expert says swimming with contact lenses can lead to complications Jul 11, 2016
- Avoid eye irritation and infections, avoid swimming with your contacts on this summer.
- Baylor recognizes excellence among cliniciansJun 16, 2016
- A select group of Baylor College of Medicine faculty members were recognized for excellence in patient care at the Master Clinician and Rising Star Clinician Awards ceremony.
- New study underway using laser technology to help improve precision in cataract surgery Jun 9, 2016
- A new study in the Alkek Eye Center is under way to compare the effectiveness of two methods in reducing astigmatism during cataract surgery.
- Grant will allow for further study of pediatric blinding diseaseJun 7, 2016
- Dr. Nduka Enemchukwu has been awarded a $65,000grant from the Knights Templar Eye Foundation to support his research on blinding disease in children.
- Exome sequencing helps identify cataract gene in members of religious sectJan 14, 2016
- Link between a type of cataract and sudden cardiac death may have been found thanks to exome sequencing.