Momentum is Baylor College of Medicine’s blog that spans health news, medical education updates, healthcare, community and events around Baylor.
- Exome sequencing helps identify cataract gene in members of religious sectJan 14, 2016
- Link between a type of cataract and sudden cardiac death may have been found thanks to exome sequencing.
- Nanowafer technology more effective than topical eye dropsFeb 4, 2015
- Researchers at Baylor have developed a nanowafer drug delivery system that is placed on the surface of the eye that contains arrays of drug-loaded nanoreservoirs.
- McPherson awarded ophthalmology's prestigious Gonin MedalMar 4, 2014
- Dr. Alice McPherson, a professor of ophthalmology and founder of the Retina Research Foundation, has been selected for the oldest and most prestigious medal in ophthalmology, the Gonin Medal.
- Disease gene finding solves international medical mysteryJan 23, 2014
- Combined, international effort helps Baylor doctors identify woman's illness.
- Dr. Timothy Stout named chair of ophthalmology at BCMOct 24, 2013
- Dr. Timothy Stout, recognized leader in gene therapy and eye diseases, has been named chair of ophthalmology at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Scott Hamilton to keynote pituitary awareness eventSep 3, 2013
- Figure skater Scott Hamilton is teaming up with Baylor College of Medicine to bring awareness to pituitary tumors including craniopharyngiomas and pituitary adenomas, as well as other pituitary disorders.
- Combination nutrition supplement may improve dry eye symptomsJul 25, 2013
- Baylor College of Medicine researchers find a potential cure for dry eye symptoms: A combination nutrition supplement that contains gamma-linolenic acid and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Adding fish oil or lutein/zeaxanthin recommended supplement cocktail does not slow vision loss from macular degenerationMay 6, 2013
- BCM researchers find taking fish oil, omega-3 fatty acids with other vitamins does not slow vision destroying macular degeneration.
- Dr. Douglas Koch honored by St. Louis Society for Blind, Visually ImpairedFeb 27, 2013
- Koch, the Allen, Mosbacher and Law Chair of Ophthalmology at BCM, will be presented with the award at a special ceremony April 13.