Get involved and make a difference in the fight against congenital cytomegalovirus. The following resources promote Congenital CMV disease awareness and fund-raising opportunities.
CMV on Social Media
- Connecticut Department of Public Health- Congenital Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Page
- Redbook online- Cytomegalovirus Infection
- Romper- What Is CMV? Pregnant Women Should Really Know About This Virus
- Fairfield County Moms Blog-CMV & Pregnancy: The Silent Virus
- Cosmopolitan- 14 Things You Need to Know About the Virus That Causes More Birth Defects in the U.S. Than Zika
- Redbook magazine-Deadly Viruses: Do you know how to protect your family?
- Quartz Magazine - The CMV virus causes microcephaly in babies, and it’s much more widespread than Zika
- The Animal Planet Channel - "Can a Baby Survive with half a brain?"
- Houston Chronicle- Awareness of little-known virus is goal of 'Maddie's Mission'
- Texas Legislature Online - SB 791 Committee Hearing (1:54:10)
- Facebook - Wear purple and pray for Lillian Grace
- Fox News Health - Lillian Grace's story: The case for removing half of a baby's brain
- CDC - CMV and Congenital CMV Infection
- Texas Children's Hospital
- CMV: Every Pregnant Woman Should Know About This Virus - Pediatric Health Blog, Texas Children's Hospital
- Medline Plus - CMV
- TCH Blog - How Texas Children’s Saved Our Daughter By Removing Half Her Brain
- VBI Vaccines Inc- Houston Congenital CMV Study Spans 32 Years
Books About Congenital CMV
- "Anything But A Dog" by Lisa Saunders
Purchase of this special edition book benefits our CMV Registry and Research Program.
- "Once Upon a Placemat" by Lisa Saunders and Jackie Tortora
The book promotes CMV awareness and prevention while teaching children how to set the table. Visit the Congenital CMV website.
- Association Central Citomegalovirus
Non-profit organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus. (Spain)
- Association for Congenital Toxoplasma and Cytomegalovirus
Organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus. (Japan)
- Chanter Marcher Vivre (Association CMV)
Non-profit organization provides information and resources on CMV. (France)
- CMV Action - UK Congenital CMV Awareness Organization
- CMV Canada
Non-profit organization dedicated to funding relevant and innovative research with a primary focus on vaccine advancements; supporting and advocating for the CMV community; and-raising community awareness of CMV. (Canada)
- Congenital CMV Association Australia
Non-profit organization offers information, resources and support to the general public about CMV. (Australia)
- Congenital Cytomegalovirus Foundation
Non-profit organization provides information to the general public about preventable measures against congenital CMV. (United States)
- National CMV Foundation
Non-profit organization promotes CMV prevention, education and events throughout the year. (United States)
Read the blog "Back to the basics with CMV expert, Dr. Gail Demmler-Harrison" on the National CMV Foundation page.
- PMG Awareness
Bringing awareness of polymicrogyria to the public.
- Utah Department of Public Health USA
Organization provides information to the general public about cytomegalovirus.