We welcome applications from students of all training backgrounds. Our primary goal is to recruit the best applicants with a diverse background.
All Baylor Pediatric programs participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Please submit your application via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept applications outside of the Match. The application deadline is Nov. 30.
The categorical program and specialty programs (listed below) use one ERAS application. You must apply to each program individually to be considered for matching in the program, but your interview experience will be combined.
- Global Health Residency Program
- Baylor Primary Care and Leadership (LEAD) Program
- Baylor Pediatrician Scientists Program
Due to the pandemic, all interviews will be virtual this year. For up-to-date information on how Baylor College of Medicine is responding to the pandemic, visit our Coronavirus website.
There is not a single formula that effectively predicts who will be an outstanding resident. Therefore, we take a holistic approach to evaluating applications for consideration of an interview invitation. In order to devote the appropriate time to our holistic review process, we anticipate sending invitations for an interview during the week of Oct. 24 - 28, 2022. The factors we consider include:
- Academic performance
- Medical School grades
- MSPE – Medical School Performance Evaluation (aka the dean’s letter)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX scores (No minimum)
- Letters of recommendation (minimum three)
- Individual letters of recommendation
- Departmental (department chairman, program director, or pediatric clerkship director) letter of recommendation is optional
- ERAS supplemental application
- Information about most meaningful work, volunteer or research experiences
- Honors considered
- Alpha Omega Alpha membership
- Gold Humanism Honor Society membership
- Sigma Sigma Phi
- Personal statement
- Scholarly activity/ research experience
- Other experiences (e.g. volunteer and advocacy)
We welcome and encourage all who are interested to apply to our program. We carefully review all complete applications for consideration of an interview offer.
Current Medical Student Electives
US medical students interested in BCM visiting electives should apply through the VSLO system. International students may apply for BCM visiting electives between January through June of each year.
Note: Applications are only accepted through the VSLO system. Students are advised not to directly contact Baylor faculty and administrative staff in an attempt to arrange clinical/research experiences.