The two-year Neurotology Fellowship, sponsored by the Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, is designed to provide a well-rounded experience in neurotology with exposure to diagnostic work-up, surgical management and basic research. The primary aim is to train academicians.
Benefits include medical and liability insurance, and the salary is PGY-6 level (first year) and PGY-7 (second year).
- Start date: July 1, 2016
- Licensing requirements: Texas license is required
- Appointment level: Clinical Instructor, Bobby R. Alford Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Operating privileges: Staffing required
- Clinical responsibilities: Assist neurotology faculty
- Operative experience: Broad exposure including procedures involving the base of skull, posterior and middle cranial fossae, and temporal bone including cochlear implantation and chronic ears
- Research: Required - dedicated time available
- Resident supervision: Yes
- Case load: More than 300 cases per year
- Call responsibilities: Limited