Non-Commercial Virtual Primary Care Conference
Primary Care Update, a one-day virtual conference providing evidence-based, non-commercial advice, will be held via Zoom on Oct. 23, 2021.
Sponsored by the Department of Family and Community Medicine, the conference offered seven hours of CME (one hour of ethics included).
The $125 registration fee covers all materials (Registration fees increase to $140 on Oct. 18, 2021.)
*No Charge For:
- Full-Time and Part-Time faculty of the BCM Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Family & Community Medicine Clerkship Preceptors, approved by Clerkship Director (Dr. William Huang)
- All medical students, residents, and fellows approved by Ms. Bridget Angel and Dr. Warwick accordingly
**Reduced Fees – 50% off for:
- ALL Baylor College of Medicine Faculty – paid and volunteer faculty of other BCM departments
- PPS Preceptors of 1st year students, approved by program director (Dr. Shruti Varadarajan)
- DDASH-IAT facilitators approved by Dr. Juneja.
- Healer’s Art facilitators approved by Dr. Blumenreich.
Conference Agenda and Presentations
|7:50 - 8 a.m.||Chair Welcome: Opening Remarks||
Roger Zoorob, M.D., MPH, FAAFP
Richard M. Kleberg Sr. Professor & Chair, Department of Family & Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas
|8 - 9 a.m.||Keynote: Stroke and the Role that Gender Plays||
Louise D. McCullough, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor & Chair Department of Neurology, UT McGovern, Texas
|9 -9:15 am||Q&A in Virtual Atrium|
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.||Practice Update: Paradigm Shift in Management of Diabetes||
Nalini Ram, M.D.
Professor, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas
|9:15 - 10:15 a.m.||Q&A in Virtual Atrium|
|10:30 - 11:30 a.m.||(Ethics) Care of the Incarcerated: Equity Considerations||
Marc Robinson, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of General Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas
|11:30 a.m. - Noon||Lunch|
|Noon - 1 p.m.||Specialty Update: Heart Failure Management||
Poorna Nalabothu, M.D.
|1 - 1:15 p.m.||Q&A in Virtual Atrium|
|1:15 - 2:15 p.m.||Mental Health: Suicide Prevention - A Growing Responsibility||
Laura Marsh, M.D.
Professor of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs, Medical Center, Texas
|2:15 - 2:30 p.m.||Q&A in Virtual Atrium|
|2:30 - 3:30 p.m.||Epidemiology: The Unfolding of COVID-19: Variants & more||
Laila Colburn, M.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Infectious Diseases, Emory University, GA
|3 - 3:45 pm||Q&A in Virtual Atrium|
|3:45 - 4:45 p.m.||Women’s Health: Menopausal Syndrome||
Nina Ali, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, Texas
|Q&A for the Last Session will be in the Main Zoom Meeting|
|4:45 - 5 p.m.||Conference Closing||
Fareed Khan, M.D.
Professor & Vice Chair of Community Health Program, Department of Family & Community Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas